In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wonderful Christmas Gift!!

BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******

I may have mentioned that I was sidelined from our states deer season this year due to an old back injury flare up along with a severe dental infection. I had already previously bought all of my kill tags and licenses as well as updating my deer blind starting way back at the end of summer. It has been quite a disappointing blow to me but I made this decision and gladly have been healing up fairly well with the help of my dentist, super anti-biotic drugs, and my wife's attention to keeping me from over doing things around the place.

So, yesterday afternoon as I sat around munching on Christmas goodies my phone rings. My older brother Chuck calling and asked if it would be OK for him to come out and hunt from my deer blind. "Oh! Sure," I said. Well, right before dusk I hear a shot from his muzzle loader and wandered out to find Chuck starting the field dressing of a fine large sized yearling doe. Asked him if I could do anything to help and he just handed me a flashlight! He had that deer all dressed, drug to the shop, hung, and skinned out within about an hour and a half!

The deer was his 4th kill for the season and told me his freezer was already over loaded and wished me a Merry Christmas as he was leaving for home! 😋 I must say with a tear in my eye that I am truly Blessed!!

Comments