In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WHY????????????

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Do I have a guy bidding on a gun who has FIVE, yes five F's out of 14 total ratings?? Yes I know this is not the place to look for a cure, I am just venting. He ends up with a B14.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

The law of avenges. I seem to recall the need for a buyer with a "D" average before a caution is issued.

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭

Just looking to make it a half dozen F’s an even number I would suppose.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Block him before the auction ends if you're worried about it.

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

He be blocked.

• Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

They are now POWW, a publicly traded corporation.

One dead beat won’t move the needle for the shareholders. So they’re not in a rush to solve that type of problem.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

If the A to F Feedback system is the same as the (I think old style grade system) then an A would equal 4 and a F would equal 0. If the Buyer has 9 A's and 5 F's then his average would be 2 8/14. I would think a B rating would be a 3 or greater average (up to 4). If the number is extrapolated to the next whole number then it would be 3 which would be a B. Some people try to repair their feedback, some are random with their ethics. I wonder if the 5 F's are high ticket items and the A's are less expensive items.

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,686 ✭✭✭✭

I have a guy that gave me an F two days ago. I noticed that he won a black powder pistol and it was marked "paid" but it has not shipped. So, I instantly knew what happened. The week of Christmas it was a madhouse here....we were working as hard as we could to get everything done. The lady that makes the shipping labels takes the invoices from the lady that handles the payments here....and if she has an FFL for an item it is sent out. When the payment was given over to her she didn't realize it wasn't an FFL item. So, it was just stuck in the process. The guy that won didn't call, didn't email, didn't do one thing to nudge this in any way....just left an F. So, I called him to try to reason with him. He was an ENORMOUS rear end.....just a jerk in every way possible. "I paid quickly and you are supposed to ship it right then." I explained that it was three days before Christmas and we are a tiny operation, not Amazon with a warehouse of tiny robots and a simple phone call or email would have fixed this without going directly to the feedback. He YELLED....BYE...and hung up. So, there is a guy with nothing but A's on his account that I guarantee has a meeting with the devil when he dies because nobody with an attitude like his is getting into heaven.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

LF,

"I guarantee has a meeting with the devil when he dies because nobody with an attitude like his is getting into heaven" with that thought it is that is the only way I stay in business these days. I cannot deal with those types anymore.

If it is any comfort, when I look at reviews and a company has all A's I automatically ignore the jerk that leaves and F.

My wife is after me every day to retire as she deals with these types as she handles the phones. I told next year when I turn 70 we are done with my business and we will concentrate on her business which is a lot more fun.

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭✭

When something is late, communicate.

• Options
    mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

When something is late, communicate.

I always got a communication when something was late at my house.