In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

An Oddball, Old-Fashioned Company! I Like Calico's Way Of Doing Business

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******

I have in hand a NOS Calico M-950 pistol. It came to me with no magazine, and I figured it would be a hard sell without one, so I looked around to find one.

I found that Calico Light Weapons Systems is still in business and has a website. I ordered a magazine, and when I clicked the link to confirm my order, I was directed to a page that showed me an address to...

MAIL MY CHECK!!!

So I did, and got the mag very quickly.

I like Calico. They do business the way I like to do business.

THANKS!

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,432 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Several years ago I called Bushnell looking for a turret cap. They mailed me one with an invoice and I mailed them a check after I got it (iirc $5) . Pretty good considering that covered shipping too.

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭

There are still a few companies around like that one. In the fall had two garage door openers installed.

When I made arrangements with company for installation I expected to be asked for a credit card.

Company said they will bill me after install and I can send a check.

Two weeks after install still no bill. I emailed them because I wanted to pay them they said they were just getting ready to send the bill.

• Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭

I have a handy man working on my Lake House. He takes a credit card right on his cell phone.

Love it.

Only checks I write are to my accountant for tax preparation. I do carry a check in my wallet, just in case.