In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Starved Rock Murders

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭

It is a bit surreal to see your home town in a documentary on HBO. Local reporters, local radio personalities, local prosecutors and local sites. Yeah, this story would be in the local papers every time he was up for the parole. There's a lot of spin in any documentary and I'd say a fair amount in this one.

Funny how the liberals who believe half those convicted of murder or rape are innocent are OK with the Fed's letting Jan 6th or Trump associated be politically prosecuted by letting the sit in prison until they accept a guilty plea or bury them with court costs..... The Michael Flynn strategy of prosecution.

If people wanted to change the system, they'd start with that strategy by prosecutions. No, I don't think people really want to reform the process. Too many people profit on the current system, including those who say half the people in prison for murder are innocent.

Do I think the guy did the Starved Rock Murders? Yeah. Being local, I'd heard the court stenographer claim that he freely gave the confession before. I think she's credible. I'm a bit sick of hearing the story be resurrected every few years.

Starved Rock does have a nice lodge. Best Sunday brunch in the county. Other than that, I never go to the park. It's full of Chicagoland people. They had to put a stoplight up by the interstate because of them coming out on the weekends in the summer. There's still people who want to see the town become the next Wisconsin Dells. Whatever... I'll just avoid the town. Surprised there's not more crime there with so many coming out of Chicagoland. There is a lot of injuries as people wander off the trails and fall. As I understand it, rope rescue training is popular at the fire department.

Comments