In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doing a little reminiscing here in the early morning hours...

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

I woke up in a sweat at about 2:00 AM and couldn't go back to sleep. I've been doing that quite often lately since June passed away. I think I hear her calling out for help so I jump up to check on her and then I can't go back to sleep. So I get on the computer and goof off until I get sleepy. I was looking back though some old pictures and thought I'd post a few of them.

Here is a picture of June and I in 1981 during happy days when we thought we'd live forever. That's the Holston River behind our house in Knoxville just before it meets up with the French Broad River to form the Tennessee River.

This is a picture of June in the mid 70s when she was about 26. The color is off because her eyes were as blue as the sky.

This is a picture I carried in my wallet for many years that's about faded out but it was one of my favorites.

This was taken at our home in Knoxville back in the mid 80s.

June was an amazing little country girl from East Tennessee. She was visiting at her grandma's house in this photo below when she was about 5 years old. She's got on her dress sitting on the step next to her grandma at the right of the photo. She didn't have it easy when she was growing up. She had to take care of her younger brothers and sisters when she was just a kid herself. She was the best cook I ever knew. She was as smart as they came and every bit as tough to.

She grew up and became the first female service manager in the South for a large Ford Dealership. That was back when men didn't like the idea of working for a woman. It didn't take them long to find out who was the boss. She kept me in line too. 😉

She grew up on the Tennessee River that you can see in the background in this photo below just about 15 miles down the river from where I grew up. This is some of her brothers and sisters she had to take care of while her mom and dad were working.

June always loved her gardens. Here she is pregnant in 1985 in her garden below just before our youngest son was born.

Oh well maybe I can get some sleep now that it's about daylight.

Comments