In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are there any hardcore Coleman Lantern collectors here? ---USFS---

wallyentwallyent Member Posts: 279 ✭✭

We've collected Coleman Lantern/Heaters for the last 30-40 years, along with a million other things.

Slowly digging them out and selling them here and on craigslist. No reason why or what models we bought,

it didn't matter, it was just a lantern so we don't even know what we had/have or cared. As we dig them out to sell now, we research each to get a value idea. Found out we have one that is the Holy Grail of lanterns. Do to the very low amount produced, there is very limited information available. Trying to find more info from any Coleman Lantern collectors that might be here. Thanks.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Sounds interesting. I've used them, still do, but I'm useless on the collector front.

• notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

I have 4 lanterns and 4 stoves. I'm not a collector. There's a bunch of stuff on YouTube. There is a collectors association. I'm not a member. There is an online store called old Coleman parts. I've used them. Just Google it. The guy there might be able to help you. I used to go camping alot. Not so much anymore. I should be selling what I have.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

My husband has some....he also sells things in a couple antique stores, so I don't know what all he has dealt with over the years. He has some contacts that might know something if he doesn't. If you want to shoot me an email I can forward it over to him and get you two together.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭

I collected and restored barn lanterns for years. Have about 25 left and also selling them. Was fun while I had the interest.

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,148 ✭✭✭✭

In my youth I learned how to track wounded animals at night with Coleman lanterns, the blood will jump out at you, almost a fluorescent orange color. I still have a few, not a collector but a user.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,280 ******
    edited December 2021

For many years I had and used a Colman 3 burner camp stove. Along with the stove I had the portable Colman table, and the stovetop oven that folded down for storage.

I regret to say I no longer have the stove or oven (sold at a yard sale) but still enjoy that old table. The legs are removed and stored inside it when you take it down into a carry with a handle! All of these items were from the 1940's and I acquired them used but like new when I bought them from an old co-worker in the 1970's.

• mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

American Pickers did a short visit (video) with a local lantern collector some time ago. Unfortunately the gentleman has passed away since then. His family still runs the business he owned and may know the values of items from the collection. If they can't help my guess is they would have contacts who can.

Jerry's Camping Center, 4506 E. Broadway, Madison WI 608-222-1507

• mstrblastermstrblaster Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭

I have many memories of my Dad pumping away on many an old Coleman stove and lantern while setting up camp when I was a kid.

I'm so glad that I have led's and propane now!!!

To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go out into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness, how cheap, how cowardly, how pathetic. Ted Nugent.
  • JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭

My dad has about 100 of them. There is a coleman collectors facebook page.

formerly known as warpig883