In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

got a dumb question.......

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

is there anyway to view my password without changing it??? I tried to login down in myrtle beach with the wifes Ipad and it kept telling me my password was wrong, I tried everyone I could think of. Got home and my laptop is setup with password manager and opens automatically without having to type it in, now I am wondering what password I used on this site is there a place I can view it on here??????

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

Forum administrators: montanajoe, nunn, and myself, no longer have access to member passwords. Back in the old forum, resetting passwords was one of my primary tasks, but the suits at GBHQ have taken that away.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

remember too,this new forum you log in under your auction side account.

• Options
    DCastro713DCastro713 Member Posts: 20

If you are using the Google password manager you can go into it to see the saved passwords.

If using Google Chrome go into preferences, which will open the Settings window.

Select Autofill then passwords. there you should see all your saved passwords.

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

This place is a wealth of information! Thanks hillbillie for the "dumb" question and thanks DCastro for using 1 of your few posts to make me a little less techno illiterate.

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,202 ✭✭✭✭

In the future, get and use a good password manager. I've used RoboForm for decades with complete satisfaction. It syncs across multiple devices, is doubly encrypted, and I only need to remember one master password. It does much more than just remember passwords, too. It isn't free but it is worth every penny.

I hear good things about KeyPass, also. Have never used it so I can't give personal testimony, but it is highly reviewed.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

I'm "old school" & have an old fashion paper notebook with passcodes. I guess you don't want to change it, but why not just click on forgot password.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

as Dcastro noted above I got into the password manager thing and my password was what I thought it was, I tried it numerous times on my wifes Ipad and it just kept kicking me out saying wrong password, I'm just to stuborn to pay the $2 or whatever it is now to have to rejoin if I did something wrong or hit the wrong button trying to get/change my old password, as soon as I got home I got right on the sight with no problems, still don't know why it wouldn't let me log on with her pad/tablet...... and yes toolman I also wrote mine down, but the wife cleaned up the stand by my chair and "relocated" my notebook, I can't find it either!!!!!!

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

I'm illiterate or inept enough to hit the "cap lock". I am getting quicker at discovering what I did.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******
    edited January 2022

CTRL ALT DEL, The 3 chords I learned how to play on this confounded instrument! 😁