In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone know how to lighten an extremely heavy trigger on a Sig Sauer P250?

DCastro713DCastro713 Member Posts: 20

Hello,

Most of what I have read says there is no way to lighten the trigger of a Sig Sauer P250 but I have read that Massachusetts requires a 10.5lb trigger pull and that the P250 had that weight in the state but 6.5lb trigger for the standard model.

I am asking as I picked up a used P250 but it has an extremely heavy trigger. It goes past the 8lb max on my Wheeler trigger gauge and when using a luggage scale I got 14lb. I am guessing the hammer springs determine the trigger pull but would like expert confirmation before ordering parts that might not solve the issue.

I live on Guam so everything is hard to find but hoping someone can confirm what the difference is between the triggers and what I could try and replace on my P250 to get the trigger to factory 6.5lb?

I know this is a discontinued DAO pistol but I do not mind the longer pull, just would like to get the trigger to a more reasonable weight. I also have the P320 which uses some of the same parts. And being able to dry fire without having to cycle the slide every time is another plus.

Eagerly awaiting your sage advise,

David

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭

My understanding is that your pistol has a steel frame control unit, that allows users to easily change modules. However, I don't think that the design lends itself to replacement of single parts. You have a used gun, & there's no way to tell what a previous owner has done. But, that heavy a trigger doesn't sound right.

If I were you, I would email Sig Sauer customer service, & explain the problem. Since you are really in the US, they may be able to refer you to a factory service person on the island. But, even if you have to pay shipping by air, it's probably worth the money.

Neal

• Options

Thanks for the reply.

I found some hammer springs for sale and ordered them. Hoping that may lighten the trigger.

Will post my results when I change the parts.

David

• Options

Update:

I had purchased a replacement set of springs. After replacing the springs the trigger pull was reduced to 8.5lbs. which is still higher than the official 6.5lb. trigger weight.

Since now I have two sets of springs I decided to cut the springs to lighten the weight. Cut 1 ring off the large spring and 1/2 ring on the small spring.

That reduced the trigger pull down to 7.5lb. Still higher than spec but learning to work with that weight since I was worried if I lighten it more I might cause light strikes.

If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate any and all advice.

David