In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

As promised, Day One Excursion

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Skies are still shedding snow so yesterday was overcast. It didn't keep us from enjoying the day. 0715 saw us leave from the hotel in a passenger van with our guide, Jim, at the helm. A geologist by education and now a full time, year round guide into the parks. He was very knowledgeable. I got his card. He does overnights in the summer and guided hunts in the fall.

I digress. Here we go:

On our way into the Tetons we were greater by a bald eagle. Pic isn't the best. I was too busy enjoying watching him in flight.

Our first elk herd siting.

Ducks in a warm stream.

I have video of these three bulls as they climbed the slope.

An elk herd off in the distance with cows in a corral. The stock truck passed us later on the way to pick them up.

This stream with the rock outcroppings was awesome. The guide stopped and shut off the van so we could have silence to record the sounds. When I get home I will upload the videos to YouTube and post them.

Now we shall have scenery pics.

Find the heron.

This stream was crystal clear.

We had lunch at Pinky G's. A pizzeria that was featured on Diner's Drive-ins and Dives.

Had a laugh at the double barrel poking through the window.

These are everywhere. For a tidy sum you too can have one.

Dinner at The Rustic Inn. Had a wee dram.

A view of the square.

Comments