In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Help identify SxS underlever please

shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭

Helping a customer identify his dad's shotgun. He was stationed in Germany long ago and brought this back. There are no manufacturer markings that I could see other than some proof marks and a serial number. Can't seem to find an identical one but thought you guys may have an idea.

Comments

• Options
    Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

Belgian Proof Marks.

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

Given the ornate embellishments I would hazard a guess it's a guild gun.

There were several manufacturers who sold barreled actions to small companies and custom smiths. One such company I am sure of was Husqvarna, Faucher in Belgium may have been another.

If still tight on face those are a fun shotgun to shoot and hunt with, so long as you keep chamber pressures below 8000psi. The little Husqvarna Mod20 I had was a blast to hunt feral pigeons, quail and early season pheasant with.

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, Belgian black powder 16 gauge guild gun. The guild was essentially a gunmakers union, so most guns are not brand named, but they turned out some very fine work.