In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Incorrect sales tax rate

kebillhartzkebillhartz Member Posts: 3

GB is charging me an incorrect sales tax rate for my address. How do I get this fixed?

Comments

• Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭✭

Not here.

Forums have no real connection to the Auction Side. You will have to contact customer support. Heres a tip, contact them once and wait.

• Options

I cannot find a way to contact support in GB, that’s why I came here. Do you know the email address (or URL) to use to reach support?

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

You have to go thru support on auction side

• Options

Ok thanks, I finally found it. Thanks!

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******

There are several different tax rates for various locations in Texas, but the maximum rate is 8.25%, so Gunbroker collects, and presumably remits, 8.25% tax for Texas purchasers. They haven't said so, but I figure they aren't interested in keeping up with the various tax rates, which can be as low as 6.25% or as high as 8.25%, and anywhere in between, for all the cities and counties in Texas, so they just collect the maximum allowable. I'm pretty sure the State Comptroller will not object.

I figure your situation may be like mine. Do you have a tax rate for your location that is less than the maximum allowable? Don't worry about. The Supreme Court made it Gunbroker's problem. Since most of my sales are through Gunbroker, I end up owing my Comptroller very little every quarter, so little that I file my sales tax return annually now.

Then there is the "fees" that Gunbroker assesses to cover their cost of doing all this extra bookkeeping, collecting, paying, etc. It is a lot less than the tax rate, but it is added into the tax figure, so very often the tax and fees amount to 10% or more of the total price with shipping.

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,009 ******

I popped off without asking: Are you a buyer or a seller? I responded as though you are a seller. Sorry...