In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Selling on GunBroker.com

HidalgoHidalgo Member Posts: 3

I am new to this site. There are a number of options when setting up a gun for sale. What are the best choices that make it attractive to a buyer but safe for a seller?

Auction or Fixed Price? Auction with reserve? Limited time auction?

Payment methods. Which are best?

Shipping methods. Which are best.

I would like to make it easy for the buyer but safe for me.

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

I won't even bid with a reserve. Set a price that you feel comfortable with and let it roll. I also try to start and end my auctions on a Sunday afternoon or evening. Not everyone can bid while they are working, at church, with family on a Saturday , and so on. I always list my auction shipping as ground. As far as payments, I only except USPS, Certified check and money orders. I don't ship until they are excepted. Run your auctions for a minimal of 7 days, to get as much exposure as you can. I only ship to this country, period. Oak

• Options

Thank you. This all very helpful.

Hidalgo

• Options

How do I switch my listing from a fixed price to an auction?

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******

IME, the best way to get auction attention is to list desirable guns on auction started at a low price and let 'er rip. Might not be the best strategy for a bubba'd gun or something rareified somehow. Throw up a Glock 19 at a penny and look at the hordes come, though. YMMV.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Click the edit button, and go thru the pages until you get to the price. Change your starting bid to 0.01 and let 'er rip...

• Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,004 ******

I bid and buy at reserve auctions all the time. I don't understand the beef, unless some of you just want things done your way. BTW, you end up buying the guns that I bought at reserve auctions.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭✭

Pichers!!! If you want to sell it, good pichers! In focus, well lighted, show details. I'm not in a gun shop- can't pick it up, turn it around and lay my eyes on it- all I have is your pictures.

• Options
    ThomasconnorThomasconnor Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited January 2022

Only in secret reserve auctions can both buyer and seller experience a complete waste of time.

One doesn't even know if it is for sale for a reasonable price, which it often isn't.

Thankfully GB let's searchers exclude reserve auctions.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

On a reserve auction..in fact most on which I purchase... I always communicate ahead of time to the seller.. and most times ask what they need for the firearm or item. You folks that avoid the reserve auctions help me out since you avoid this. A lot of times I have ask if they will take a little less and then the seller posts a buy it now on what we agree on. The item sells .

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

Funny part is when I do the communication the seller knows the buyer is serious.

• Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

When you do your pictures, don't use a white or bright background. Use a neutral color and not reflective. It allows details in the item to stand out.