In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

2022 Isle Of Man TT Entries Officially Open For Competitors

Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in General Discussion

Comments

• jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

I think I'll take my Harley Ultra Classic over there and see if I can win .

• desmo Ddesmo D Member Posts: 21

the overall lap record is over 135mph. that's 135 average. think about that. I have been riding over 50 yrs and gone fast once or twice, but this totally boggles my mind.

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

We actually have a member who owns a Bed & Breakfast on IoM and had invited me to come over several times for the event back when I was making 15-20 trips a year to the UK but I never could make the schedule work.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Been there, done that ... most amazing experience ever, and we beat John McGuinness in the Supersport. I never even thought we'd be in the top 10.

We traveled in style... this is one of the cars they built for the movie Spectre

Our lorry, one of the bikes and the Li'l Red Rooster

Swapping engines.... AGAIN

Going over results with Gary after another practice session

Our pit was right next to Mercer and McGuinness

Practice session... bikes going by 6 feet away at 200mph, the shock wave hits you in the chest

More practice, dialing in the suspension and mapping

Coming out of the chicane before the paddock straight, it's dark and slick in there. Balls of steel

At the Ballaugh Bridge

More fine tuning ... another all-nighter coming up

As predicted

Awards invitational - there's Dunlop

At the end we held a drawing, gave away the race bikes, and came back home

Good friends, good beer, good times at the IOM TT.

• bs233jlbs233jl Member Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Looks like a blizzard, Ha.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

@Ricci.Wright you posted a link to Mountain Course fatalities.... while I was there 6 people died in practice and while racing.

Anyone who's competitive on this course has my most sincere and utter respect. IMHO John McGuinness is the top racer in the world, period, full stop.

• WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭

@Nanuq907

Epic man! Absolutely outstanding!!