In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Winchester 670 Trigger stop screw

nsg5257nsg5257 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

I have been trying to locate a trigger stop screw for my 670. I have not had any luck. My question is will a pre-64 one work if I can find one? Also, open to other options if you know of any. I have written several parts outfits on line but they do not reply. I cannot find the specs on it. The one in mine rifle has a damaged slot on it & do not want to do any more damage to it that will result in a non working rifle.

Comments

• SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭

Post on the "ask the experts" forum. Also post on the "want ads" as wanting to buy the part. Of course someone may see it of this forum and be of help.

• AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭✭

I have two 670's and both of them have a trigger block safety as part of a "boxed" trigger assembly. As I recall, the 670 was also built with the "wing" safety at the bolt shroud. That model would have had the pre-64 type "skeleton" trigger. It sounds as though that's the one you have. If so, I believe that trigger is the same as the pre-64.

• nsg5257nsg5257 Member Posts: 68 ✭✭

Yes it is the side safety. Thanks