In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Advice on what to do about a purchase that the photo and description don't match what I got.

rjac99rjac99 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2022 in Ask the Experts

I just received a Budget 1896 Krag carbine parts set. There are only two parts that make it so. The front barrel band and the saddlebar. Below is the description from the ad.

"All Parts are 100% Original US Surplus. ITEM: Original Model 1896 Springfield US Krag Carbine BUDGET Parts Set. These are stock photos. You will get one set similar to the one in the photos. The budget parts kit is heavily discounted because the parts will not be premium grade. Imperfections will include surface rust, some pitting, dings, dents, scratches or bright finish. Swivels may need to be bent back into shape. Screw slots may be ugly but useable. We will not send parts that can’t be used. All parts will be serviceable. This kit is perfect for a complete build where you want to re-finish the parts or just don’t care about the appearance. The bolt body that will be included in this kit may have been parkerized, blued or bright finish . "

All parts I believe meet the description and photo except the saddle bar. i have sent picture to the seller and he said theses parts could be in poor condition. No where in the ad did it say that. I scrutinized the picture and read the description multiple time to make sure that I knew what was being sold.

I will attach photos from the ad and of the part I received. I would appreciate advise as to whether I am full of it or the part is not as described. Also do I have any recourse if the buyer will not satisfy my claim to him?

The fist photo is from the ad the last two are what I received.

Thank You

Bob

Comments

This discussion has been closed.