In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Conceled carry holster

Standing ElkStanding Elk Member Posts: 6

Ok, so there is a million and a half C.C. holsters available and it is a bit confusing, at least to me. I would like some suggestions on what I should be looking at that best fits my criteria. I have a Tourus slim in .40 S&W

1. I wear bib overalls most of the time and want something that works well without a belt
  2. I am a fairly big guy not necessarly obease but a little on the heavy side
  3. I do not want my weapon showing or printing
  4. I would like something that I could still use even while working in the shop or running equipment.
  5. Well there ya go, I am intrested in hearing what ya reccomend. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    gbargbar Member Posts: 6

My concealed carry pistol is a Walther PPK. The holster I have is a Galco, horsehide, PH204. It is leather with the smooth side on the inside. It is designed to be carried in the front pants/overall pocket. When it is pulled out of the pocked there is part of the holster that snags on the inside of the pocket allowing the gun to slide out in your hand. I have had it for years and may no longer be available.

For me it meets the criteria in lines 1 through 4 above. It never fails to slide out of the holster when drawn.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Impossible to answer w/o knowing what type/size gun you want to carry.

It seems to me that you want something w/o a willingness to make accommodations to make it work.

I have zero confidence in 'pocket carry' but some think it's a viable option. I know a farmer type guy who carries one of the midget revolvers clipped in his right front overalls pocket like a folding knife. Not sure what it's good for but he likes it so none of my business.

Over the past 40(ish) years I've carried in an ankle holster, shoulder holster under a loose shirt, various strong side OWB, and currently forced into cross draw carry by a seriously damaged strong side shoulder that totally precludes strongside OWB. Since I spend a lot of time driving, the cross draw is probably the best choice even w/o the bum shoulder issues.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited January 2022

A search showed this is a real issue for folks, and there are ways to do it, here's a couple ideas that may help

Bib Holster - YouTube

https://youtu.be/YBotOoemsqY

Bib Overall – MultiHolsters

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭

It would see like a small .380 or 9mm single stack DA/SA pistol with a safety hammer drop would fill your needs nicely. Little bulge / printing problem, safe to carry in any method you can imagine.

• Options
    PA ShootistPA Shootist Member Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I have been very pleased with a Tagua brand Inside Waist Band leather holster, and I have three: 1 for Ruger LCP .380, another for Smith & Wesson M&P Compact .45, and a third for Taurus PT-709 Slim 9mm Luger. They are made of thin good-quality leather, and have never marred my pistols. I can wear under most any shirt with tail out, even most tee's, with its metal clip snapped over a reasonably sturdy belt, without printing. Holster stays put even with most any activity. Trigger is covered with the thin leather until withdrawal starts, so it can't be snagged back. I wear the pistol just about at my kidney location and forward of front pocket opening. My favorite(s) of many (many) options over the years. Another option I have used a lot puts the .380 Ruger LCP in a nylon case that looks like a cell phone holder, outside my belt, when I must be "tucked in". No one has ever looked twice, even in a favorite restaurant that many policemen routinely frequent, so many are always with their cell phones nowadays. A practiced push up through a bottom hole presents the pistol fairly quickly and safely. My experiences, your mileage may vary.

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I really like/recommend a good Belly-Band holster. DeSantis makes a really nice one, but you can also get them really cheap on Amazon. You can wear them with just about anything…. overalls, shorts/t-shirt….take your pick), and they conceal very well.

I recommend picking one with some kind of retention (snap, etc.).

Note: if you’re working in really hot climate/conditions, the belly band may not be the ticket.