In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Get rid of your gas stove

Comments

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Given how cold it's been this winter we could use a little climate warming.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,199 ******

No chance that I'd ever go back to an electric stove.

• Options

Yeah, if you have leaky fittings you have much bigger and more immediate problems than climate change.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭

Well, Gas burners, for more precise heat. But Electric oven for baking.

Wife is scared of a Gas oven.

Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    thorhammerthorhammer Member Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

I don't like cooking on electric burners, so we have a gas oven with the 4 burners, and I really prefer our electric wall oven for the small stuff like pizzas and casseroles.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭

I had to live with an electric cooktop for a few years. It sucked!

A propane cooktop is the only way to go.

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭✭

If you use natural gas, it could get expensive. NG was up over 30% TODAY! Somebody made a hat full of money.

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

My wife has had them all over the years and I believe that if she could just have one, she would take her countertop induction hotplate over the rest. Her stainless set works with induction and she uses cast iron quite a bit as well.

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,261 ✭✭✭✭

What is so bad about global warming? Tonight we get 12 degrees and 5 inches of snow. Coldest winter in years. I wish the globe would warm up a little.

• Options

All, I know is if there is even a potential that article is true, I am KEEPING my stove to own the libs.

And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Weil-McLain 1966 vintage gas furnace. Have replaced B&G series 100 circulator and White Rogers gas valve one time about 12 years ago. Most of my neighbors have replaced furnace 2/3 times in this time frame.

Five huge cast iron water jackets and burners with stainless ribbon assemblies. I clean flue collector and reseal every 2/3 years and scrub between water jackets with wire brush. Clean ribbon assemblies in burners each year. Oil circulator and drain expansion tank. Two pipe hydronic/radiator system.

About 25 years ago built extra bedroom 14x20 upstairs and used base board in loop. One whole wall. Never could get enough heat so cut it out and left pipes buried in floor. Removed one radiator from other bedroom that was overkill and installed in new bedroom. Works great. I always bleed upstairs radiators a couple times in heating season.

Probably not most efficient system out there but when it is cold out there i stay warm. Real nice to take my warm stocking hat and gloves off top of radiator on a day like today or dry a wet jacket. Furnace owes me nothing and I am more worried about what do i replace it with than the gas it burns------------------------------------Ray

PS: By the way, its not the price of the gas that is a problem, its the damn delivery charge that the crook O&R charges.

• Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

It seems that less and less people eat at home. For some it wouldn't matter what type of stove they have. I wonder how only electric/microwave etal cooking would affect the Restaurant Industry.

• Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭

If I had a gas range, I'd demand to know exactly how much effect it would have on the climate if I switched.

If they can't tell me, or if it is some number with 27 zeroes behind the decimal point, I'll politely tell them to sell that snake oil somewhere else.

I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,413 ******

Remembering an old jingle "America is cooking with GAS" along with "America is leaning on BEEF"

This is THE America I live in still today!

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭

Leaking fittings are a problem with lackadaisical and or irresponsible owners: not a problem with gas stoves.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD the gas companies love leaky fittings🤑

• Options
    Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭

For Sale

(feel free to add to the list)

Ocean front property in Arizona.

Electric stoves, to replace them Gas global warming stoves.

Solar Panels and Windmills, as permanent electrical grids during major disasters in Texas.