In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

slept in, kinda scary...........

hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭

wife and grandson out of town, so its just me and the redheaded diva princess granddaughter. they were forcasting a couple inches of snow this morning and she ask me last night at bedtime if we were gonna have school, I told her we would find out in the morning. I have allways been one to wake up at the creak of a stair or thump in the night. well the school system called the house at 5:17 this morning to say school had been canceled. I never heard the phone ring, or the answering machine pick up the call. guess I need those hearing aids more than I thought!!!!! but it is kinda scary someone could come in the house and make as much noise as the phone ringing and I wouldn't hear it.......

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭

Only time something like that happens here is if I'm really ill or very sleep deprived. That's why I prefer to sleep in the basement away from the nightly coming and going of critters on the back deck.

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,358 ✭✭✭✭

I'm like that but not my wife, she could be sound asleep and she could hear a mouse peeing on a cotton ball 50 yards away.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,416 ***** Forums Admin

" but it is kinda scary someone could come in the house and make as much noise as the phone ringing and I wouldn't hear it......."

That is what a dog is for.

• Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭

Horse Plains is correct. I had a Chihuahua that if a door knob turned he would go into Doberman mode. Little dog with a big attitude, my daughter has a toy poodle that is the same way.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,415 ******

My landline phone rings so much from those darn telemarketers, I have developed phone amnesia.

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭

grandkids finally talked the wife into another dog, we lost our boston terrrier a few years ago, going sunday to pick up a chiwawa, boston terrier mix, pretty sure that mix will be a little yapper.......

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,372 ******

Today I learned people still have answering machines.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,614 ✭✭✭✭

Our dogs are our alarms

I use to wake up at the slightest noise but as I got older and the boys come and going and living close very close to a state route with a lot of truck traffic and somewhat frequent emergency vehicles I got immune to most all noise so has my wife

About 10 years ago a car crashed in our front yard hit one of the the old concrette markers from days gone by we were told fire trucks leo tow truck the works showed up we slept thru it all next day police ask us about damage cost how we found out

That's when I became aware with out the dogs in the house anything was possible

A few years later a gal took out our mail box mounted on a steel pipe left a lot of car parts spread thru our side yard

Same think had to call the Leo to find out who did it but she had also took off after the crash