In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cheap cat litter alternative that works.

susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't want to hijack the Walmart thread where I saw that cat litter was not in stock. I use pine pellets that I get at the local feed store. #2 told me about them as cat litter and they work great. I have the litter box that comes with two tubs and a slotted insert (sifter). I use a litter scoop to get the poops out and then shake the degraded pellets (sawdust) out through the slotted bottom. The intact pellets remain for continued use.

I have zero cat litter smell. It really does mask the odor. The best part, a 40 lb bag lasts at least a month and only costs $6 or so dollars. The poops dry out quickly and have no smell as well. I scoop them off the top of the pellets.

Since I live on a farm I can dispose of the sawdust outside at the edge of the woods where it will continue to compost. Since I have two cats I have two litter boxes to avoid fights. They each prefer to have their own box.

https://animalpath.org/how-to-use-pine-pellet-cat-litter/

Comments