In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bass Pro and ammo availability.....

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in General Discussion

I headed to the indoor range I frequent and stopped off at the Bass Pro located nearby. They had a lot of all the main pistol calibers. They also had most rifle ammo and more .223/5.56 than I have seen in a long time.

Prices are up....

Comments

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******

Shelves around here are still empty. What ammo stores get in is gone quickly.

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******

Our local Rural King has shelves full of .223, 9mm, .45acp, at high prices. I watched as guys would look, shake their heads, and walk away.

This is what it's going to take to get prices back in line.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

I agree 100%....unfortunately, a lot of the folks today were stocking up...

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Prices on common ammo (.223/9mm/.308/7.62x39) are coming down as supply catches up with hysterical demand.

• Options
    BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭

Fellow that runs the local shop in town told me his prices are going up. I asked even with availability increasing and he said despite that.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

There have been close to five million NICs checks in the past month or so. Most of the sales are to first time gun owners.

If I had the money, I would go into the manufacturing of ammo business.

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭

Local Bass Pro has had plenty of the common calibers for quite a while now. It's also the only place I have been able to get 5.7x28 for under a buck a pop.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭

The big boys, Bass Pro/Cabelas seem to have the fairest prices compared to some of the other retailers. Must be because they order so much from the manufacturers and because they are smart enough to know that customers have long memories. There are a couple of retailers from the last (Obama) ammo shortage that I still won't buy from. I understand businesses having to cover costs but certainly some are gouging. Bob

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

I have not bought any ammo for at least year maybe two . I still glance at the shelfs at the local wally world 99% empty every time a rural king we stop by on ocassion 23 miles awy seems to have ammo but like stated prices are high\when I was buying ammo I would use the internet like ammo seek or what ever they call ther sites for th ebest deals but you had to be fast if it was "good deal" with in a couple hours some times minutes it would all be sold but the higher priced ammo for the most part is always still there

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭

the price of metals is still high

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

I know a small manufacturer that is hard pressed to keep from shutting down. Had to travel to eastern Europe to secure primers and is in Africa now trying to get brass. As Mac said, prices on materials are high if available at all.

• Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭✭

Was in a Walmart today (Iowa) and they had Remington 525 rd. boxes for $44.95. I got some .45 ACP ammo in yesterday that I bought from an online auction site* that you may have heard of. It was $20.75/box ($24.50 delivered) and that is about what I paid a few years ago.

*GunBroker

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭

Checked out the local Dunhams today . Full cabinets of all types of firearms for sale . Most ammo.on shelves in 24onths . Prices 1/3to 1/2: higher than pre covid times. Did have aguila 22 lr at 10 cents a round may have to pick up a few boxes tomorrow after I check my inventory.

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war.....