In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why??????

mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in General Discussion

Does the world seem to be turned upside down and going to hell?

Comments

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭

Common sense is still there. It has turned 180 however! Now the average dumb idiot is the "common sense" crowd. Scary how bad it is and idiots are happily following along........dutiful idiots!

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭

Dont blame, I voted GOP.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭✭

Me too.......but I have only met ONE person who would actually admit to voting for the big guy. It's funny to me, they voted for him but are too ashamed to admit it.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

IF, you're a believer....

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

Elections have Consequences..

• pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

Are you sure you're not a reincarnation of Paul Harvey? I don't believe he would have said it any better, Nanuq!

• Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭

...No....I am sure that "Does the world seem to be turned upside down and going to hell?" was first uttered by Adam after he was fed a bad apple by a treacherous woman...

• William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭

I started a thread early in 2020....It was basically saying the sun came up that day and it will continue to rise and set every day....I ended it with where my focus is most days...For me it was true then and it is now..

"So my take on all of this, take care of your loved ones, look out for the those that might need a little help. say your prayers if you are so inclined and just keep yourself healthy and moving forward...."

• Floyd621Floyd621 Member Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭✭

What's going to happen when there is no where else to go..??

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Dang Nanuq, well said! I'm going to get my wife to read that post. We were just today talking about a lot of that! God bless you for putting it into words!

The news anchor on ABC, David Muir, is prime example of what you said. He is so INTENSE with his voice and presentation that I always wonder how he keeps that crap up every day. I call him Dr. Doom and Gloom.

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Wife and I refer to him as the drama queen.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭

That is high praise indeed, and I'm not quite sure I deserve that. I used to listen to Paul Harvey because my dad liked him, and he was a treasure. "And now for the rest of the story!"

And what IS the rest of the story?

1 Peter 3:14 - But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. “Do not fear their threats; do not be frightened.”

Galatians 6:9 - Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.

John 14:23 - Jesus answered, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him".

1 Corinthians 13:4-6 - Love is patient, love is kind, it is not envious. Love does not brag, it is not puffed up. It is not rude, it is not self-serving, it is not easily angered or resentful. It is not glad about injustice, but rejoices in the truth.

1 Corinthians 10:13 - No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it.

Romans 12:19 - Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say, “I will take revenge; I will pay them back,” says the Lord.

And finally,

Colossians 4:2 - Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

The world is a great place, some of the inhabitants have gone to hell in an hand basket.

Best not say what I think is the real problem.

MC might break out the big hammer.😲

Nook, you said it well.

• Nanuq907Nanuq907 Member Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭✭
  • Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like he has slipped on ice. I can tell by the looks on his buddy's faces.🙃

• pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

The original "break" dancing! A wrist, a leg, a hip.

• Okie743Okie743 Member Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭

I actually seen this in real life on TV awhile back. Nothing surprises me any more.

People (some with bones through their nose and ears) in mud and grass huts, appeared to be deep into the Amazon with cell phones and lap tops, No electric. They had to charge them by solar panels.

Our current USA Gov't had provided them for free (you and I paid for them) so they could contact the outside world. (and do virtual learning)

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,893 ******

We allow asking for prayer and offering prayer. But that is the extent of anything 'Religious' to include bible quotes.

This discussion has been closed.