In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

old gun boxes, and things that came with them.....

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

There is a thread in the ATE forum about the price of a S&W box, and the poster couldn't believe how much they were going for. I was going thru some of LF's auctions and seen a couple of forum members have already threw some bids at these old S&W SAT's (sight adjusting tools). Just goes to show you how valuable gun boxes, and other items can be.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/921511095

Comments

• grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭

I have one SOMEWHERE in my gun cleaning kit. Guess I'll poke through it and rescue the little chunk of gold!

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

See.....you can trust me with your boxes! 😁

The nickel plating on the screwdriver is easy to spot if you are looking through and think you might have one of the pre war types.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭

Ive got a closet full of MT boxes. Maybe it will pay off. At least shut up the wife for a while as to why I keep old boxes.

• Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Ever check out Python factory grips, they were over 300.00 a pair.

Hard to find a Python with original grips, they were removed for something softer and sold to highest bidder for $$$$$$

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

about 7 maybe 8 years ago some one started a flemarket they bought and sold and I think had consignment and held auctions left overs went into the "store" there were two such places running both long gone

I bought a old vest pocket colt 25 auto box for a dollar it was a bit beat up but had a gun to go with it why I got it

I was looking thru the auctions on flebay a few monthers later and wow so I put it up for sale it brought around $200.00 honest I kept looking at the box and the photos I emiled th ewinner he was more than happy to pay and sid it was in better condition then he hopped OK

another trip I came out with a old self made 3 place gun rack with two small drawers 8.00 my wife your crazy I said the cleaning supplys will triple my purchase I showed her three of the S&W screwdrivers two old like the photos and one newer version maybe a 1960 or 70 version same thing I listed them a fellow emailed said he would just stop by and pick it up he bought all three said he was happy to get them I think I got about 85.00 for all three .

many more unrelated items like a new fluk meter in the box and so on I was sorry when the closed down but they seemed to run there day in the sun always a crowd then dwindled down to just a couple people a day wondering thru looking at the same old stuff

I have bought several colt and S&W boxes at flemarkets for a buck or two and then sold them but all that was years ago I have not been to a flemarket in years the internet really hurt any good finds and why set up when you can sit at home and list items

I do search gun cleaning supply sales on the auctions from time to time use to be dads or grandpas old junk cleaning items tossed up cheap but so many people also do it now a good deal has become a thing of the past