In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Our daughter caught the china crud

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

I'm actually surprised that it took this long. She sees a lot of patients 5 days a week, and you never know where any of them have been or who they have come in contact with. She got the "vaccine" early on and so far her symptoms are fairly mild. We hope that continues and she heals up quickly.

Joe

Comments

• select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

I have a tenant that has it . Not going near that place. Not vaccinated. Good thoughts for your daughter.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, guys. She is an Optometrist, so she should know how to deal with it, hopefully. 😊

Joe

• DBMJR1DBMJR1 Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Take a Zinc, Vit C and Vit D each morning.

I had it. Like a mild cold.

• BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Hope she gets better fast. I was reading an interesting article the other day that said up to 40% of people that contract covid are asymptomatic. She may have had one of the earlier versions of the virus and never knew it. If she did, that infection plus the vaccine should keep her symptoms this time super mild. I have never been tested and have had 2 shots + booster but I have no clue if I have ever had covid or not. If I had symptoms they must have been no worse than the effects of my normal allergies. Bob

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Thank you for mentioning it's real name in your heading 🙂.......👍️, it seems most people have forgotten where it came from. Hope she recovers 100 %.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Get better soon miss.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

hope she has a complete and full recovery

one of my younger sisters picked it up from helping the disabled and shut ins along with a a ex SIL who she had partnered up with to help such people .

my ex SIL made it OK after a week or two of like a sever flu . fip side my sister went into the hospital Dec 4th and still in another hospital where she had been transferred too she was knocked out and full of tubes for a few weeks honest I did not think she was going to make it last week her husband posted she is doing OK they were going to take her off the oxygen and she was sitting up in bed it hit her hard . some one must have been watching over her

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"My wife had one Covid shot and I had my two. I go in for a booster in a couple of days. "

And you're pleased with that result??????????????

• buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I both had the vac. She had covid about 2 weeks ago but was sick 1 day.I tested positive but was never sick.I dont know if the vac helped but it wasnt bad for either of us. I hope you daughter does fine.Let us know.

Here's her email telling us about the crud.

Well, it finally happened, I got covid. So far my symptoms have been pretty mild. I started getting a fever yesterday with some body aches and an occasional dry cough. Tylenol took care of the fever. Woke up this morning and still had a fever so I took a test and it was positive. Guess I have the next 5 days off of work😕 Fever has been 100-102 at its highest. No runny nose or gi symptoms. Hopefully, it will stay mild like this. I'm gonna go out of my mind sitting in my room for the next 5 days though!

And here's one she sent a while ago.

So far still just a mild fever and boredom😉

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

..I got pneumonia, blood clot on the lungs, and hauled out of my house in a bambulanz, after I thought I was over covid.

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going on 3 weeks since since an a-hole showed up at a community meeting with a "dry cough". I've had both shots & the booster. Felt like a sinus infection with a nasal drip. Sore throat, achy & tired. Finally getting past it. Inconsiderate jerk.

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

My oldest son and his wife are just getting over it for the second time this year. Poor Corina, his wife, has been battling stage 4 brain cancer since last February and it's in remission now. So they went to Florida for a few days to celebrate since she was feeling better after the operation and chemo and damn they got that crap again. It hasn't bothered the grandkids but it's been rough on them and especially Corina.

I don't see how on earth June and I didn't get it since she was in the hospital 9 times over the past year and a half for 2 and 3 weeks at a time on a few occasions and I was with her. Nurses around us were falling like flies from that crap but we somehow didn't get it. But then in the end the cancer got June and then I also almost kicked the bucket with blocked arteries in my heart but no China flu. Since I said that I'll probably get it tomorrow. But it's probably waiting for the worst possible strain to attack me since everything else has gone to hell the past couple of years. I'll probably be the first one to catch the type of virus that wipes out humanity.

• sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Bubba jr,

Hope her case is a mild one and her recovery speedy. Mine was and I feel blessed for it.

Arrivederci gigi
  • mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

I had the EXACT same reaction to it, no shots however. Seems this thing simply affects people differently. The nasal drip was the worst part, took weeks to get over that part!

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭

"..I got pneumonia, blood clot on the lungs, and hauled out of my house in a bambulanz, after I thought I was over covid."

Classic allergic reaction to the covidicus residue remaining in your lungs. Reportedly happens within 7-8 days.

edited February 2022

I hope you and your wife heal up without any complications soon Dano. And I hope the rest of you do also.

My wife and I have been very lucky so far. Neither one of us had the vaccination, have been in isolation, taken plenty of vit C&D, and only gone out with protection to Drs. appt, and for groceries.

Joe

• 62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 955 ✭✭✭✭

My wife and I had it two years ago, 2 days apart......IDENTICAL mild symptoms for three days. Only a persistent cough remained for about 6 weeks.

My wife got one shot last year.........me???....no.

Yesterday our thirtysomething son called......he tested positive. No symptoms so far.......and he's off work.

So far.....so good.

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery