In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

marketplace facilitator

jofishjofish Member Posts: 2

Hello , Im from Connecticut where our tax forms have a deduction line for sale or resale through a registered marketplace facilitator. Problem is I already paid the sales tax and GB isn't included. From what Iv read GB is a marketplace facilitator. From what Iv read follows

The buyers tax payment goes form the buyer, to the seller, to GunBroker.com and then finally to the state.

So the funds must be reported to the state attached to your EIN or social Im led to believe. Im talking about around 3 grand total sales. Is this information on the connect the dots right and does GB report account for every sale and leave you to deductions. This marketplace facilitator sounds like a drag net catches the minnow and the whale. I pay my taxes and purchases and sales through a cc every month automatically. Iv just about had enough of dancing around on a key board for a reply from them and reading till my eyeballs fall out.

Comments

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,311 ******

yeah, good luck with that...

• dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭✭

You mean if you cheat on your taxes are you going to get caught? You betcha.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭
  • jofishjofish Member Posts: 2

no its about selling 2 rifles found to be stolen property that were returned to the local police after I refunded the buyers. Time and money lost. With an open police case any info cannot be released to me (B) An item of mine that was bought by a non member and unpaid . I had to go through the process of dealing with that as well. So all 3 items are recorded as income, the springfields are still ongoing at a loss. Yet if GB reports these as income Ill have to adjust my taxes and who knows where that goes. All for nothing. I have a good accountant but for him to spend time learning all thats included with GB policy and the police cases will become another loss. So you see its not about cheating on my taxes its about getting it all done before I die. Fortunately it was in 2021 and below the threshold of 20k and 200 sales , by a ton and fails to qualify.