In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pesky Truck Drivers Getting Replaced?

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2022 in Politics

Here lately those pesky truck drivers have been protesting The Wuhan Flu restrictions so now they will just replace them with A.I. instead.Problem solved or is it just going to make it worst? Sure but only in the short term,they will retrain all those poor families to rely on free equity for all!

Free money,food and housing for all. What could possibly be better then that?

serf

https://www.tusimple.com/

TuSimple was founded in San Diego in 2015 with a mission to improve the safety and efficiency of the trucking industry.

We are solving the trucking industry’s most pressing challenges by enabling reliable, low-cost freight capacity as a service while setting a new standard for safety and fuel efficiency.

And this is only the beginning…

Comments

• chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭✭

Just another high tech company with a fat government grant.

The thought of a 100,000 lb. rig without a driver scares the He- double-hockey-sticks out of me. That same load on a train is a lot more efficient and safer. A truck with a driver is considering road conditions miles ahead of himself. Can you picture a driver-less rig on the eight lane 401 out of Toronto in heavy snow and ice?

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

You are on spot there! Rail-road companies are to utilize them on last mile depot settings. This is sure to grow where all railroads will kill overland trucking once and for all. Only specialty loads will prevail for manual overland trucking jobs. This is In my humble opinion,I am not a trucker by trade.

serf

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭

AI comeing to everywhere we have a pizza vendo in town cooks it in front of you

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,343 ******

All of the woke folks and tree huggers are going to go bonkers with all of this AI stuff. Not because of the dangers involved or the loss of working people's jobs, but they all know that anything "Artificial" is bad for you.

They will definitely insist that the name Artificial Intelligence be changed to something like Cybernetic Intelligence. 😁

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭

Yuh, I was wondering, given the distribution problems we keep being told are the latest panic, how can all those trucks have nothing to do but create protest caravans?

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,541 ✭✭✭✭

as far as AI taking on all the jobs

soon you will not need a "job" comrade .. you will just report to the work center the government has decided your assigned to, they will will house and feed you and take care of all your needs ..... control you from birth to grave your life may not be any thing close to what you like but it will keep you alive to be able work . for the elite .

basically mirror places like North Korea . but they must 1st do away with that pesky bill of rights thats out dated for todays standard's and lets not forget take all the Evel guns from every one . as seen in the news every day they are trying hard

how it work out just ask the native American's

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭

Intelligence and government do not belong in the same sentence.