In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A current Blue Book Value

shirleyshirley Member Posts: 2

My library used to Have the Blue Book of Gun Values until someone took it for their own use. They did have one for reference that did not circulate but that is gone now as well.

Could someone tell me the current value of a High Standard H-D Military pistol that is in pristine condition with the original box and litrature with the correct S/N Box to Pistol that dates as 1949.

Your help and information would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I have several copies of the Blue Books for reference. As far a value goes, they are pretty much worthless. Different guns at different times, even in different parts of the country are worth different amounts. You will get a much better idea looking at what your gun has actually sold for recently. Just like houses or cars or whatever. You can do that here on GB or at other sites. My guess would be somewhere around $1000.00.

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

He is very correct on this look at the auction side and at the advanced to see sold items

• shirleyshirley Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies . I will do a search to see what they have sold for

• truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to me that the Blue Book consistently lists prices that are way above what is actually happening in the market.

• AlbinsFirearmsAlbinsFirearms Member Posts: 14

I used the online version of Blue Book now as it supposedly gets updated every year. However, for many currently "hot" firearms they are very much behind on prices. I used to collect Hi-Standard pistols and still have several including a few HD-Military models. The problem with Blue Book is that their prices are just ballpark type numbers which are based in part upon past sales. However, they rarely have values of any type for older firearms with serial number matching boxes. The interest in the HD-Military pistols seems to come and go with time. Your pistol in very good condition might bring $700 to $800. However, with the box and depending upon the condition of that box, then the value to a collector could be more like $1000 - $1200.

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

The BB is good for finding out what model you have, but the net is where you can find the current value. I love going into LGS's that use the BB for their selling values...