In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How many of us have this in common???

Comments

• Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,188 ✭✭✭✭

what caliber is a plate????? looks like at least a 88mm

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

Not me! I have more hair than that. >÷)

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,378 ******

More like mine would say, Did you order two?

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭✭

The wife-Don't you already have one of those?

Me- Yes, but I don't have two of them.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,914 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe his fly is open🤔

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Yep, he is not very smart for his age. (he was being too nice, she now knows he bought a gun and did not ASK her for permission first)

When my son gets caught by his wife playing with a new gun, he tells her it's Dad gun. (and she believe him)

Sometimes when they come to visit he brings some of HIS guns in gun cases just so she thinks they are my guns. Sometimes he fools her and me by just leaving the guns cases empty that she is seeing him carry.

He knows if she finds out he has bought guns, he will have to buy her something nice to stop (reduce) the whining.

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭

I walked in from the last gun show with 2 rifles and 3 handguns. My wife just shook her head, and went back to her movie on TV. Over the last 50 years, so many guns have entered and left our house, she couldn't keep track if she wanted to.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭✭

A friend's wife told him, "I know you're buying more guns. Why else would you need another safe."

• Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

If I need to p/u gun at FFL's house, I go food shopping first to cover my self. If it is a complete firearm, I take it thru cellar window and put it on my work bench. If the package (parts) comes USPS, FedEx, UPS, I bring it in the front door and brag to my bride of 58 years what a great bargain I found.----------------------------Ray

• Options
    pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭

I don't do any of that cleaning stuff.

I just show her whatever the new one is, and she decides if it is going to be hers.....after we go shoot it. 😉

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

we have been married 42 years once just once my wife went into a gun shop with me about a year into our marriage she walked back to the car when I made it to car I had to ask why she left so fast she said OMG I had no idea guns cost that much she has never ask or said much ( well not a lot 🙄 ) after that day

my youngest son a bit luckier his wife jumped on the guns like a duck on a June bug she has a few and even buit a AR with a custom handguard with her nickname cut into the pattern on it and had tiny diamond.s put in skulls eyes on the receiver and had it coated in her favorite color and yes she is a keeper LOL

• Options
    elubsmeelubsme Member Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭✭

He drives a Studebaker so he probably bought a dash caliber like 38-56, 40-82 0r my favorite, a 45-70.

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭

Not me. I produce 75% of the income for my household therefore, I buy whatever I need/want without concern or worry about the fall out.

When females demanded and were granted 'equality' so ended their 'fairer sex' position in life and began their 'equal has it's downside' position in life.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭

My wife has gone to a couple of gun shows with me. But since there was nothing there that she wanted, she quit going.

• Options
    OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Newly weds:

Woman to new husband. You need to get rid of some of those guns.

Newly wed husband to wife: You sound like my EX wife.

Woman: You told me you have never been married.

Husband: That is correct.

• Options
    chmechme Member Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭

I was at home with my British bride when the mailman brought me a long thin box. Another gun?

Sure is, honey. Lovely old British Lee Enfield military rifle. The peon that had it had no appreciation for it, so I am giving it a good home.

Sniff. Best sure to give the poor old dearie a good cleaning. Pats the rifle box.

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

A couple of my gun trading buddies live fairly close to each other and both are good friends.

Friend #1 goes in with a new gun, tells the wife it is friend #2's, just keeping it in my safe for him. All ok.

After a year or two friend #2 goes to friend # 1's house to look at some toys. Wife says to friend #2, when you going to pick up all your guns. A most dire situation was at hand for sure.

Ya'll can take that as a warning because this ain't no fairy tale.