In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mosin-Nagants 91/30 & 91/59 & M44

mpinkston55mpinkston55 Member Posts: 1

I am looking to sell my three Mosin's. Why are some $1000 and others $250? What should I look for to determine a fair value?

Comments

• Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of factors that could play into the value…..condition, markings, if you have a rare type, etc. Here is an article that explains it a bit better:

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

Like any guns, a lot depends on rarity. The Czarist government, and later the Soviets, made literally millions of them.

The average run of the mill WW2 model 91/30 often look like they came right of the milling machine and got dumped in the bluing tank, while many of the pre-war rifles are finally finished. Also, the average Red Army soldier was not fastidious about running a cleaning patch through the bore.

What I find interesting are the Model 91s produced during WW1. The Cyrillic receiver markings are beautiful, and the metal is nicely finished. I have a 1915 New England Westinghouse, and a 1916 Peter The Great ( a one year marking ) which are my two favorites.