In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Belgian Browning SA 22 Front Sight

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

Just bought a pre-1968 made Browning SA 22 that is missing its front sight. Seemed like an easy thing to track down and replace, however the dovetail cut isn't a standard 3/8" type - mikes about .410" at its base. Numrich shows current manufacture only.

I've poked around some of the vintage "old wooden gun" sellers on line - no luck.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I have phoned GPC & they found parts I needed that were not listed in the computer. I have ordered sights that are close to what I needed, & I was lucky enough to get what I really needed; sometimes they get put in the wrong bin.

Check GB listings for "parts guns", but be prepared to wait several years.

There are several Browning .22 rifles & variations, so it would help if you can find a photo of the exact sight you need.

Neal

• danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,472 ✭✭✭✭

I have an old Browning hump-back that needs a front sight also

• dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I found a "close fit" in the Numrich accessories lookup. Will see how it works out.

I have a 3/4" tube Browning branded Redfield Cub scope and rings, so shooting the SA 22 isn't a problem. That dovetail up front just doesn't look right empty. ;)

• waltermoewaltermoe Member Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭

I have found older parts from these people before, maybe you have heard of them. Homestead Parts. Their phone is 520-303-3030. They also have a web sight. www. homesteadparts. com

• vdms55vdms55 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭

there is an outfit called "jack first" gun store/parts in great falls SD. if they don't have one then it is possible that none are left in captivity.

• dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

Checked Jack - nothing. Will try Homestead.

The "close fit" with Numrich worked, was a tad oversized and dressed down. But I'd like to find the correct one.