In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I go to school at UCO In Oklahoma it’s absolute hell

During the George Floyd Riots, we had a guest speaker from BlM and antifa come to my English class to tell us how people who owned guns are nazis and fascists. Couldn’t believe I was seeing this here in Oklahoma. Boy was I sure flustered.. it’s time conservatives make a bigger appearance on college campuses!

Comments

• Options
    SW0320SW0320 Member Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭✭

The problem with conservatives going onto a college campus, they are more likely to get assaulted and arrested defending themselves than a BLM or ANTIFA member burning down the campus.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,375 ******

Chief, I partially quote your statement "Years ago", which pretty much sums up the way things USED to be. Sadly, the system our society calls Education has successfully turned your former guest speaker's rhetoric into the status quo of today's generation of students.

• Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭

Agreed. In addition to the mass media, the universities have become another propaganda arm of the democratic party.

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022

I agree, colleges are indoctrination centers. Having said that, I still cant stop the urge to correct DEMOCRATs lies when ever I hear them. Many student never realize opposing thoughts even exist because opposition is censored at most colleges as well as on social media.

• Options
    truthfultruthful Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

I have two teenage grandkids in high school, and a third is a sophomore at Colorado State University. All three have GPAs of 4.0, on the Dean's List, etc. Yet, whenever I ask them a basic question from history, math, science, or anything else, I get a deer-in-the-headlights stare. They aren't being taught anything except how to be super liberals.