In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Comments

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭

Yep. Been watching that. I've got a buddy that's an OSP trooper that's been working that. He went in at 3 yesterday afternoon and didn't get home until 12:30 today. It's a miracle there weren't more folks hurt.

I'll bet I've driven that stretch a thousand times and if you aren't paying attention it can get ya, especially in the winter!

• Options
  • Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭

I came across the Blues during an extended bad storm back in 2008. There must’ve been over 100 chains spun off and lying in the road and snow from Pendleton to the summit.

Mule

• Options

Yep, the truckers shed chains like crazy. I had a buddy in La Grande that used to go up and put chains on for the truckers that didn't have a clue what they were doing. He made some pretty good money doin' that.

Usually when that pass gets plugged up it's because some 'super trucker' thinks he can make it through without chaining up. I guess there were 170 vehicles involved in the mess yesterday. If the responsible drivers were held to svvount for all the financial cost of that wreck they'd be a bit better about chaining!