In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10 round magazine

GoldenmeisterGoldenmeister Member Posts: 50 ✭✭

In the interest of not becoming, or creating any new felons I was looking for the definitive answer on whether my Sig Mosquito is legal to sell in all 50 states. The magazines hold 10 but with one in the pipe the "pistol" holds a total of 11 rounds.

Please oh constitutional gurus, help a brutha out !!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

magazine contents is what some states have limits on, I don't believe any count "one in the chamber" I could be wrong, but as far as fifty states, better check California, they have to be on approved list to sell to them (the gun that is) along with their 10 round limits on mags...

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited February 2022
    • As @Ruger4me mentioned, there are states- including, but not limited to, CA and Maryland, which maintain lists of handguns which are approved for sale, while Illinois restricts firearms with a low melting point or non-ferrous materials.

Bottom line, your pistol, particularly if it has a threaded barrel, will not be legal in all 50 states. Firearms aren't limited by capacity, only the magazines. One round in the chamber doesn't matter, so long as the magazine holds just ten.

Here is the most recent info I have on state magazine laws:

• Options
    GoldenmeisterGoldenmeister Member Posts: 50 ✭✭

Thank you guys. Its listed