In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Moved: We might have a right to the New World. A speculative theory (with brief coherent summary.)

SoreShoulderSoreShoulder Member Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in Politics

I am working on one of my theories.

Can it be the goal of the Spanish conquest of the New World was to confiscate the sources of the gold which was funding the Ottoman Empire's invasion of Europe?

Perhaps traders based in the Ottoman empire were exporting opium or trafficking humans to the New World.

Some sailors in the Old World probably knew about the existence of America before Columbus. It just wasn't widespread public knowledge. Besides the Vikings, the Portuguese were said to have fished the Grand Banks off Newfoundland.

At one time, the East side of the Rockies and other places probably had gold dust lining the rivers just like the West side did until 1847. America might be the location of Solomon's mines.

Vikings may have started importing goods to the Native Americans in the 800-1000 period. Hopefully they weren't trafficking people from their raids. Some say they stopped because of Christianization.

Perhaps Mansa Musa of the Malian Empire found a way to reach the Americas and traded opium, hashish or captives for gold.

Perhaps the Ottomans either forced him out or became wealthy trading with the Malian empire for the gold they got from the Americas.

The traffickers were probably happy to leave things as they were in the Americas so the natives wouldn't mind scouring rivers for gold dust which they would trade away without knowing what it could be worth.

Can it be the goal of the European conquest of the Americas was to confiscate the gold which was funding the Ottoman empire as well as fueling the disappearance of people from the coastal areas of Europe?

There was also a risk that the Americas would absorb too much Old World knowledge due to the trafficking victims and become much better armed and much more numerous due to European weapon and farming technology.

Spain scoured much of North America looking for gold but probably decided to focus on South and Central America first. They were looking for the large sources which would fund the Ottoman conquest of Europe.

However, there is a chance there was enough for the natives there to still occasionally be able to pay someone to cross oceans and deliver them some trafficking victims.

I have no real knowledge of any North American indians to base that on except I think I did hear someone say once that they would discontinue taking captives when their land was given back to them. It sounded like he may have meant to speak for all his people but he could be mistaken, I suppose. I don't know.

England and France claimed most of North America for a similar reason.

Of course they wanted the land and the gold but that doesn't mean leaving it there was an acceptable risk.

So perhaps the Americas were confiscated from the natives because 500 years ago they were becoming dangerous. In addition to the gold, there was a risk that if they absorbed too much European knowledge, they might become a gangster state but equipped with much more advanced weaponry and farming than they had at the time of contact. Instead of tens of millions of traffickers there could soon be hundreds of millions, armed with muskets and cannon and sailing ships.

Comments

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,359 ******

You already added this to your previous discussion in politics on reparations and I see this as an attempt to get more responses... you've had multiple views here without any response and I feel any you get may not be polite so I think it was fine in politics forum so I'm sending it back there since it imho has some political undertones or an agenda.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭

New world order. Control food water energy