In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sabatti 450 NE - Turned out to be a LONG post...sorry!

Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34

Hello,

I have a Sabatti in 450 NE I am probably going to sell, I don't use it. It's pretty much in new condition, other than a small 1/4 inch "ding" on the stock. It has a factory target and was regulated to Hornady Dangerous Game loads. It was surprisingly easy to work up a good load with North Fork bullets following advise I gathered online. Problem is the websites and load have been lost over the past 10+ years.

I have read (...over and over and over....) some of these guns, which were sold through Cabalas, had the inside of the muzzles filed. I later found out it was true, and this was done on some guns in order to do a final regulation. Mine is not one of the guns that were filed, the muzzle was checked by a very competent local gunsmith and he saw no sign this was done on my gun. I could write a bunch more on this "issue," but that goes way beyond the scope of this post.

This gun was $5000.00 when I purchased it new in 2010.

Based on advise from this excellent forum my past listings started at a penny. I am REALLY reluctant to start this gun at a penny. I can't imagine many people are looking for a double rifle in 450 NE, and I DREAD the thought of having to sell this beautiful rifle for a couple hundred dollars, or even 1 or 2 thousand. Once listed I am committed!!!! What makes it worse is this particular rifles colorful online history, no matter how undeserved (in my opinion) it may be.

I'd rather throw it in a scabbard and drag it around the woods before selling it for the equivalent of "next to nothing."

If not listed at a penny, what would you start it at?

Sorry for the long post!

Marc

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

Start the bidding at the lowest price you would like to get for it. If it doesn't get any bids you have the option to relist and lower that starting bid or wait and relist it later. Bob

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited March 2022

I would suggest that you consign the gun to @Locust Fork and have her list it and sell it for you here on Gun Broker. Her auctions are always penny auctions, but she has such a huge following of loyal buyers that she always gets top dollar. She is fully bonded and insured, and for the time and effort she puts into each listing her fees are more than fair. I am a Class 3 dealer and two years ago I gave up selling my own items and let her do it for me.

I believe LF is getting ready for a road trip, so contact her to see if she will be visiting your area and can pick up your gun.

• Options

Thank you for the information!

• Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭

I think you could start it at $5k to start. Include ammo and brass and extras

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

You could list it for your price, and then use the "take a shot" offer feature.

• Options

Thank you for your ideas, I'll probably follow both. I never even thought of the take a shot option.