In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester 9422 model and date of manuf??

sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a 9422 that appears to be a trapper model. It's a very attractive, diminutive lever gun with beautifully checkered walnut stocks. It has no markings that indicate what model it is. I tried a couple sites to get yr of manufacture and model #, but come up with near misses. Serial #F7149××. Any help from the experts would be appreciated. Thanx!

Arrivederci gigi

Comments

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

Should be year made, 1996, it is a Trapper version

is it 22 LR or magnum, should be LR.

Some what rare.

Info.

Regular Trapper, 22LR and 22 magnum,

Case colored receiver same configuration.

Case colored receiver with TEX prefix serial number , 22 and 22 LR. rare also and $$$

Rare one was made for WACA Assn. Looks like a BBQ gun, grins.

• Options

Thanx a million Butchdog! Based on what serial #s I was finding online, there was a hole around F713xxx and F715xxx. I kinda thought between 96-98, but just wasn't quite sure. I was also unsure if Winchester had produced a youth model because it's sized perfectly for a shooter of small stature, yet still fits OK for an average sized man (me).

It's dark blue (no case color) in .22 s, l, and lr. I can't find even a scratch on the metal and only a couple very small compression mark's on the buttstock. The wood is a subtle matte finish and the checkering is so sharp I wouldn't want it on a heavy recoiling rifle, lest it remove some skin. In short, even without the box or papers, I kinda think it's a fine example.

Again, thank you for the info!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭

Barrel length ???

• Options

16" barrel. LOP approx 13 3/4"

Arrivederci gigi