In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My best friend a long time ago.

Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

Me and Bess at my Poppaw's place in Clear Springs, TN back in the 50s. She got a little shaggy in the winter time. The tamest and friendliest little pony ever.

I didn't really care about having my picture taken but Mom always had her camera close by. Glad she did now.

Comments

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Nice picture, thanks for sharing Smitty. Why do you both have such long faces??🤣

• Options
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,064 ******
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,702 ******

Nice pictures. I noticed in most of my old family photos they were of people. Rarely of scenery, like many are today.

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,628 ✭✭✭✭

Great pics. Thank you all for sharing !

• Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,184 ✭✭✭✭

I rode anything that had 4 legs (goats, hogs, cows/bulls, mules, horses etc.) on the farm, used folded over burlap bags for saddles and rope for bridles and if they were too wild to ride, there was always a wagon to fit each was close by. Ole Roy Rodgers had nothing on me 😀

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options

Rid'em while you were standing on a stump don't count as riding per se. 😁

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

wonderful photos thanks it truly a good think to have th efamily bible and know the history of the family

seems any more most younger people do not care

your photos remind me so much of photos of my relation in Tennessee

I sure your aware the photo could be remastered or what ever they call it and do away with the bad splotches and still have the original but have a restored one also to share

I have one photo of my grand father in WWI sitting on a old REO truck I am guessing truck my dad and I tracked it down before he passed away he remembered seeing it as a kid and after hours of driving and asking and back tracking family members ( trip back to TN ) we found a old lady she was like a great aunt or cousin to him that still had it in a old cake tin box with some more

any way it was in bad shape so I had a local photo store / shop restore it . this was 20 years ago and sent copys to many of the family . then a few years later my oldest son who love to take photos redid it again he did better that the shop did

• Options
    papernickerpapernicker Member Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Here you go Smitty A little bit better for some great pics

• Options

That is an improvement. Thanks

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting how all the ancestor pictures around here never had a smiling face in them, always a stern or solemn look.

Some might say that was due to a hard life, I am pretty sure the life the lived at the time was as good as they could get, they didn't know any difference.

Everyone in this area had the same lifestyle, no rich and no poor, just blessed.

My great, great, great, great grandfather lived in a hollowed out chestnut log, remember they were over 12 feet through, while he was building his log cabin. The cabin was aboutt 1/4 mile from where I live.

Ole Dan'el was one of my ancestors to.

• Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭

Great pics guys. I'm a sucker for bird dogs and old shotguns. Here's my great great grandma and grandpa. I'll throw in a bird dog