In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Knucklebender

asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like the typical cresent style wrench but when in closed position has a "C" shape cut out on the very end! What is this tool used for? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

I've seen that. They were using it to bend door hinges when the door was catching on the frame. It saves taking it down and planing it or belt sanding. Of course you have to pull the hinge pins anyway.

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I'll be ordering one.

You might want a Stanley 10" Max Grip. It's an adjustable wrench that locks like vice-grips.

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭

A good friend of mine that had a autobody shop had a similar tool. Handle was about 2' long and the working end would fit into a car door latch and the body locking post. With the door almost shut he would apply enough force on the handle to slightly bend the door hinge. The door wouldn't shut and latch properly and he would write frame damage on the estimate and collect a few hundred more. He and I finally became responsible adults. I think it was last Friday.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

I've found that screws holding the hinge to the door frame get loose over time. You can tighten them up and sometimes that cures the problem. Not always but it's the easiest and cheapest thing to try first.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,035 ******

First I've seen or heard of this tool. Interesting,thanks.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

dang it now I wlll be ordering another tool 😁