In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

when a handgun just will not do

Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

next county over and the one I grew up in

even made the Dayton news report

deputy shot and killed two dogs , had to break out the tacool rifle 😁

Comments

• Options
    Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

A farmer in a rural area that didn't handle this himself, "S, S & S".

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin

Yep, I really wonder why they felt the need to call the law. Folks just do less and less for themselves all the time, and become more and more dependent on the gov't to do things for them.

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,261 ******

Exactly. Probably don't need the third S in this situation, but no need to blab either.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭

A gentleman I know was sued by one of his neighbors after he killed one of the neighbor's dogs. The German Shepard mix had killed other neighbor's cats and injured another dog to the point where it had to be put down. The final straw was when the GS killed a couple of young pigs.

The owner of the dog had been warned and cited in the past for the behavior of his animal. The owner of the pigs put the offending dog down the next time it crossed over on to his land. He then took it to the owner for disposal...(a mistake as far as I am concerned). The lawsuit went nowhere fast....

Maybe in this case, the owner of the dogs was a real jerk...which was likely as he was not keeping his dogs in check. The owners of the donkey may have been fearful of having to deal with the owner of the dogs....

S, S and S would have been the answer for me....

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭

A neighbor's mastiff came over and killed one of our dogs. I called him and told him what happened, and he denied it, even though my wife witnessed the attack. I told him he needed to keep his "pet" confined to his property, or I would take care of the problem. Three days later his dog came back and attacked our other dog, and if my wife hadn't been able to stop him, he would have surely killed her too. Next day, Dog gone! The neighbor called asking if I had seen the culprit. I honestly answered that I had not seen him since the day before. SSS

• Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭

Those tinder feet aren't real farmers if they need to call the sheriff for a dog problem. Another point..........that must be one woke donkey...........pregnant or not, the donkey should have been able to stomp two dogs into pancakes.

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭

When dogs attack livestock or any other farm critter, no need to call anyone. Just make a mass grave for the dogs.

• Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^

THIS!

Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭✭

As much as I love dogs,sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭

yes I agree my wife even said if the dogs stopped and ran off why not chase them off back to the owner

but we were not there to make any such call

when younger I could have shot with out blinking a eye and sleep well that night, now ( a lot older ) I have grown too fond of dogs and well life in general kinda of live and let live . I have not turned into a tree hugger LOL I could and have still s.s.s. but it takes a lot to get me to that stage now

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

It is written law in MO that a livestock owner can protect his LIVESTOCK. Not sure if pets are included BUT the owner of the culprit is responsible. On the other hand 'hunting dogs' are protected by law should they 'trespass' upon posted land.

Well over 50 years ago, we ran hounds chasing coyotes. A guy claimed 2 of my dogs had killed a calf. He didn't see it but was most certain they killed it rather than just stopped a a carcass for a snack. I pulled out my rifle and shot both dogs right in front of the guy. Then I turned to him and told him straight out he'd better have PROOF before he any more claims. He about wet his pants right there in the county road. Those were good and valuable dogs, too.