In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bruce Willis

asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭

Just heard he has "aphasia" which effects his ability to communicate well and effects this ability to speak and express himself!! Wow. Always enjoyed his movie rolls.

Comments

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Me also asop, I still watch some of his old movies.

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******

He's only six weeks older than me. Too young for that to happen.

• montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******

Have always liked him also. Best wishes Bruce.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022

sad to hear

I just watched a movie clip of him as "Butch" killing off John Travolta ( playing the hit man ) in the movie Pulp Fiction

I liked his movies but like a lot of the similar movies being missed by a dozen bad guys with full auto firing at them and then they take them all out with a 38 snub nose LOL

I recall he was doing a interview they ask about Demi Mores role where she was showing off her goods I do not remember the movie title

but he had a classic response he replied if you have not seen the movie its well worth the 10.00 ticket to see them 😁

• JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭✭

He's made several movies here in Georgia the last few years and nothing but very good reports on him from the local citizens who have done business with him. He buys from local merchants whenever possible. Not many big stars have good reputations and I wish him well.

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

I had to look it up this was on the page about him having it I copied from the article ,

Aphasia is a language disorder that's caused by damage to the brain. It leaves a person unable to communicate effectively with others.

There are many causes of aphasia. Sometimes the condition can be caused by a stroke, but it can also be caused by a brain tumor, head injury, or an infection.

Dementia is another medical condition that affects cognitive abilities, including the ability to communicate.

The difference between the two is that aphasia is a symptom—communication difficulty—whereas dementia is a wider umbrella diagnosis for cognitive decline.

"Aphasia is the loss of language abilities due to brain damage, which affects the ability to use words including speaking, understanding speech, reading and writing," Professor Marian Brady, director of stroke rehabilitation research at Glasgow Caledonian University in the U.K., told Newsweek. "Dementia is an umbrella term for general cognitive decline of which one aspect may be language problems."

Continue reading

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,270 ******

I have enjoyed some of his older stuff. Some of the new, not so much. Admit that I haven't seen many movies made post 2010 or so.

A personal favorite of his that I watch often is "The Jackel". He was very good as a BAD guy in that one! Another favorite is "Hart's War" where he plays the commanding Coronel in a German Prisoner of War camp. A smaller part for him but his role was commendable.

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

He was great in the first 2 Die Hard films. Also very good as a psychiatrist in The Sixth Sense. Very sad.

• OkieOkie Member Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Aphasia is a language disorder that's caused by damage to the brain. It leaves a person unable to communicate effectively with others.

Wonding if Brandon has been checked for such?

• allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, President Biden displays the symptoms of speech aphasia.

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

I would say camilaa needs a small dose. Listening to her talk is painful she uses 50 words where 5 would do.

RLTW

• BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,270 ******

Just before going to the drive inn to see the 6th Sense, one of my son's just HAD to say to me that Bruce Willis was dead!!! 😲 That incident educated me as to what a spoiler alert was.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

It's called "word salad"..........talking a lot about something which one knows nothing about in order to sound more informed or intelligent about that subject.

Oh...........we should also properly refer to her as Kamel toe.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I liked "Last Man Standing". He did good with only 1911's. If he had had a couple of Glock 21's then he could have done some real damage.