In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.300blk PMag Rattle When Fully Loaded

zurcher_czurcher_c Member Posts: 9

Please excuse my ignorance on this. When I fully load my Pmags, there seem to be a rattle in the lower area of the mag. Causes or concerns? Thanks for your time.

-The obviously new guy

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭

Not a problem that I know of. Universal (.223) mags or 300 AAC specific?

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I haven't experienced that issue:

Even so., there are magazines specifically designed for 300 Blackout.

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭

Magpul makes them specifically for the 300 Blackout. I haven't checked them out sufficiently to know the difference. Haven't had a problem using the .556 ones though.

• Options

I did some checking yesterday and may have confused myself on the intent of the MagPul 300 BO specific magazines. One description indicated that the upper part of the magazine didn't have the ridges which normally prevent .223 from creeping forward and this was a tactile indicator for the 300 ammo rather than some sort of improvement of feeding.

I also watched a video that showed steel case 300BO failing to feed from MagPul .223 mags but working perfectly from MagPul 300BO specific mags.

As Mark said, I don't have any problems with feeding even sub-sonic 300 ammo from common .223 mags of any brand and will continue to simply mark the 300 use mags with a Sharpie or paint pen. Cartridge 'rattle' is common in 5.45x39 & 6.5 Grendel but doesn't cause problems.

• Options
    zurcher_czurcher_c Member Posts: 9

This is in regards to my 300 AAC mags. Its just a little wild to hear it rattle. Even reloaded it a few times with the same result.

• Options

As Mark and I have mentioned, it's not something to get upset over as long as the rounds feed correctly.