In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 94 Big Bore Serial Number/Manufacture Date?

Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34

Hello,

I have a Model 94 Big Bore in 375 Win, and am wondering if anybody has an idea when it was manufactured. The Winchester website has a guide that shows dates based on serial number, but my model is not included. No luck with a Google search either.

I'm hoping one of you Winchester collectors can give me an idea where to look.

My serial number is BB005568.

Never thought about it until my daughter asked me how old it is, now I'm curious!

Thank You!

Marc

Comments

• Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Not written in stone, but ser.# below 6000 probably first year, 1978.

• Options
    mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭✭

i had one from 78 took to woods once rubbed on a tree, but no damage to purdy i bought a marlin when they came out killed lot o deer rode in back of truck some wood rash, and now rare to find sill have from 1981

• Options
    Austringer62Austringer62 Member Posts: 34

Thank you for the replies! I don't know how many were made, I just know at some point they changed them to angle eject and I think cross bolt safety.

I really like mine, didn't even notice the low serial number until my daughter asked about the age. I like that it could very well be first year production, don't know why, doesn't really matter.

It's a very nice gun, hard to believe it's over 40, possibly 44 years old.

Marc