In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gunthersville, Alabama

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭

Headed there next Friday, for a ten day large mouth fishing trip. Stopping in Chattanooga Tenn. for a couple day to site see. My best friend moved there a year ago, and bought a bass boat. Lives near a large lake. Kind of excited to see that part of Alabama. Been in the state a few times, but never there. Oak

Comments

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

For a better chance of getting "large mouth(s)" then you should swing by DC, they are full of em!

Good luck on the fishing trip, sounds like fun to me! Ps, wear a life jacket while riding/driving, too many idiots that man run y'all over, or might hit something!

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,979 ✭✭✭✭

I spent a week there back in 2011. A group of us went down there to help after the tornadoes tore through there. We stayed at a scout camp right on the lake. Beautiful lake

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭✭

You did a good deed, but fishing sounds like a LOT more fun😁

• Options
    Texas1911DETexas1911DE Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭

...If you ever get the chance, fish one of the lakes in Mexico, unbelieveble bass fishing...Lake Guerrero and Sugar Lake are both awesome, both in the same Mexican state of Tomaulipis...catching 75 fish a day is usually no problem...take LOTS of spinner baits...no use trying to use a plastic worm or lizard...you cant work either, fish nail either of those as soon as they hit the water...

...Falcon Lake south of Laredo is great too, if you dont want to leave the US...and you can pick grapefruit and oranges right outside your cabin door!...talking about it makes me want to go fishing...catch a bunch, luck...

• Options

My family is back in Texas. One sister in Humble and the other in San Antonio. Parents in Fort Worth. Now your making me home sick. Texas has some of best damn fishing period. !!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

That's my old stomping grounds. I worked at Widows Creek Fossil Plant on Guntersville Lake on the Tennessee River for 6 years. I also used to inspect dams on the Tennessee River for TVA along with joint inspections on the locks with the Corps of Engineers.

I lived pretty close to Chickamauga Lake when we lived in Chattanooga in the late 80s. Then we moved to Jasper, TN in the 90s where we lived pretty close to Nickajack Lake. I grew up on the tailwaters of Fort Loudoun lake in Knoxville, TN.

All of the TVA steam plants and nuclear plants and dams that I worked at over the years were on the Tennessee River.

One of the prettiest places in the country is where I-24 crosses Nickajack Lake between Chattanooga and Jasper, TN.

• Options

Thanks for the info. We are staying in Chattanooga For five days and Guntersville for five days. Got a riverboat cruise booked and some other things.