In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

She's back

pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

About 45 head out here the last two days and this unusual one is back with the gang.

Comments

• mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Practicing herd diversity.

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
  • sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭

I'm intrigued with the genetic abnormality seen in some of the deer families. We had a little piebald doe hanging around here starting about 7 yrs ago. She was almost always alone and I've read that the other deer shun them. Well, a couple years later, she showed up during a very heavy snowfall, with a little buck fawn. Seems she wasn't shunned by EVERYBODY! Anyway, my wife was throwing apples out for the two of them and they would nearly eat from the hand of my daughter and granddaughter. Didn't see either one of them again. 2 days ago, on my way home from work, I spotted a doe with a little piebald yearling in tow. I guess that strain lives on in these parts. I'm happy to see it.

Arrivederci gigi
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭