In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Already looking forward to the next trip to Florida probably to visit Karen, my Manatee swimmer!

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

The itinerary is pretty full, but we can add a stop if someone needs me to.

Mobile, Loxley, West Melbourne, Lake Panasoffkee, Crystal River, Lake City are in the mix.

My daughter is pretty excited to have dinner on the Boardwalk at Disney.....I can only imagine what her suitcase is looking like right now. She changes clothes if the wind changes direction.

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******

I'll see you Sunday at Lake Panasoffkee at the announced time of 1000-1200.

• Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking forward to it! Drive safe!

LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

Since you are already ALMOST there.......take time and go to the Brevard Zoo! You will NOT regret it. Very nice place(last I saw it was 5 years ago, I assume it's still nice). Not expensive, well cared for animals AND most of it is IN THE SHADE. So it is a nice walk around zoo. Bird flu has the bird exhibits shut down, but should still be worth a half days adventure!

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

I'll see you Sunday morning

• gjshawgjshaw Member Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭

See you this afternoon. All my neighbors have been dropping guns off for a couple of days and I have two that I have to pick up for people this morning for you . My living room is getting full.

• mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭✭

Let me know if you ever make it to TEXAS.

• Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭

Last time someone said that they burned Atlanta down. If you're passing through you're welcome to do it again if you have the time.

The hurricane that hit Florida on Friday has left the state this morning headed to north Florida then back to Alabama., I had a great time with Kasey and her daughter Karen. We got together with Mark C. And Savage170 (Gary)!on Sunday and had a good time. My gun safe is a little lighter making room for some new toys.

• mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited May 2022

Gary, you have a lovely home and a great dog. The guns I got to see at your house on Sunday outmatched the guns at last gun show I attended. It was nice to see you again, and to meet Savage170.

• savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,446 ✭✭✭✭

It was nice to see Kasey again and finally got to meet Mark

My schedule this weekend was brutal, but I had a LOT of fun!

Larry loaded up the trailer and got me set to head out EARLY Friday morning. I picked up my daughter at 6am and we started driving toward Mobile for stop number one....where I learned that Larry had not put the locks on the trailer door. So, we put his items in my car and headed for the nearest Lowes.

Karen saw a thrift store, so I dropped her off and went to buy the locks...then picked her back up. She bought two sacks of crap while in there, she was so happy.

Guy number two had sent a text asking if I minded hitting him on the way back up because he was not ready. So, we leave Mobile and head for Crystal River.....arrive around 1am Saturday morning. Parked and checked into the hotel, it was really nice. Got up Saturday morning and then rolled over and overslept until 9am!!!! OMG...not good. I had to drive my trailer over to Gary, then head to the opposite side of Florida to pick up from guy number 3. He was near the Kennedy space area, so I should have been on the road two hours earlier. I pick up his items and head back to Crystal River, getting back just in time to make it to dinner with Gary (which was a fantastic meal at a beautiful restaurant.) Karen was supposed to go, but she had gone on a Manatee tour and had been swimming. She was SO HAPPY she is ready to move down there.

Sunday the meeting at Gary's was fantastic....getting to see everyone was great. Lots of really nice items loaded into the trailer and organized to make the trip back home safely. I leave there and get back in time to find Karen and we get ready for dinner on the boardwalk at Disney with Gary and his sweet wife. Another fantastic meal at a GORGEOUS place....how did I get this lucky!???

Sunday night when I get back to the room the auctions had started ending, so I got the winning bidder emails out and handled as much as I could before heading to bed.

Monday morning the phone is going nuts, emails piling up, lots of messages to tend to.....Guy number 2 who I was supposed to see after Mobile says he is now ready and wants to meet at Bukees on our way through. So, I tell him "sounds great" and put it in my GPS. Check the room one more time, go to breakfast at the hotel and then hit the road

THIS IS WHERE I TOTALLY DROPPED THE BALL! In my rush to handle all the winning bidders, trying to get out of the hotel, and making sure Karen didn't just run off to be a Manatee swimmer right then and there.....I totally just headed to the Buckees in Loxley Alabama. FORGETTING to go to my planned meeting in Lake City to see Steve!

I get the phone call after driving in the wrong direction for 6 hours asking where I am.......(heart sinking as I admit what I have done.) I even had an extensive list right there on the dash reminding me of everything.

So, a prize box full of Buckees swag is headed to Steve! (I am still so VERY sorry.)

We will be back.....Karen is going to make swimming with Manatees her life's goal now.

I’m glad everything worked out. We are looking forward to seeing Karen and you again. Karen is a whoot.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭

Try not to pick up an amoeba from the waters.

We're lucky she didn't try to bring a Manatee home.....getting to swim with them and having one come up and kiss on her arm was all it took. She is "smitten" for sure.

• yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,979 ✭✭✭✭

I can imagine her buying an above ground pool in her back yard next to her double wide (I'm watching "My Name Is Earl" so that's where my mind is).

• He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭

Merritt Island and she can swim with manatees and river dolphins. It really is not a great idea, they are really large! But in an open bay with snorkle, I'd chance it. Safe travel my friend.

• Ricci.WrightRicci.Wright Member Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭✭

I had a buddy that had a gun shop on Merritt Island.