In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

target shotgun ammo might be getting better

JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭

Just got a case of 16 gauge for $11 a box with free shipping. This is about $6 a box less than anytime in the past couple years, and free shipping on top of it!

Reloading components are still unobtainable for the primers and powder I need but the ammo price has dropped significantly so I am temporarily happy.

formerly known as warpig883

Comments

• Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******

local walmart had fed top gun for $29.89/4 = $7.50 box

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

I've owned a half dozen 16s over the years. L.C. Smith, A5, Marlin mod 90 etc.. and with the price of 16 gauge ammo got rid of them all. The ammo makers price according to popularity and by far 12 & 20 gauge ammo is a lot cheaper and it has been that way for the last few decades. Loved my L.C. Smith but my Beretta SXS 20 gauge delivers the same performance with less cost. Even when reloading it was hard to get good quality 16ga hulls. Glad you found what you were looking for but I'll stick to my 12s and 20s. Bob

• Options

Was at Cabelas today and they had 10 boxes of 12 gauge 8 shot. First I have seen in a year. Priced at $10 a box. Winchester white box.

Now that pheasant season is over they shelves are stocked full of 4 and five shot nobody is buying.

No powder, no primers, no shot.

It might be a rough season for sporting clays if I have to throw rocks instead of lead.

On the other hand Cabelas had a display of $6.99 t-shirts that was bigger than the entire reloading section. No shortage of cheap chinese clothes I guess.

• Options

• Options
    JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭✭

Our trap club is having a problem getting a good price on a pallet of shells. Not so easy yet

• Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

I am shooting reloads from 10 years ago. Were it not for that stock, I probably would not be shooting. Current inventory is 42 cases of 12, 16, 20, 28, & .410. Mostly reloads, probably 10 or 12 cases of new.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭✭

You have me beat by probably 10 flats. However I do have about 15 boxes from when cases were 20 boxes instead of 10 like they are today. Those probably predate your reloads by about 10 years! It's a good thing they don't spoil.😁 Bob

• Options

I hit the jackpot today and found 4 pounds of powder online. Primers are where I am really hurting and my reloading is about to come to a screeching halt in about 500 rounds if I don't find some.

I have 4 cases of 16 gauge reloaded and 3 cases of store bought.

For 12 gauge I have 1 case of reloads and 5 cases of store bought.

I still have at least 1,000 empty hulls for 12 gauge and only a couple hundred for 16 gauge.

The place I shoot sporting clays has an order of 1600 cases of 12 gauge coming in. Selling for $8 a box which is less than I can reload it for right now. They are getting 2 cases of 16 gauge and it will be $11 a box, couldn't get any more than the 2 cases.

My reloads are costing $10 a box right now. Not economical but it beats sitting on a bar stool and pizzling my money away that way.

• Options
    claysclays Member Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭✭

The very reason I quit reloading, not very cost effective when you can purchase for less than reloading.