In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

"Highlander" movie

yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,070 ✭✭✭✭

I had to watch something else as a mind cleanser after binging on "Supernatural" the tv show. I was thinking as I was watching this masterpiece of cinema could not take place today. Yes I know they have been threating to re-make it for now decades and last time I checked there was some traction. Anyways why they can't take place is because most of the population has phones that can film video.

Take the alley fight with Kurgan (as an example) and the "survivalist" with all those on lookers. Today if that took place there would be a dozen uploads on youtube before Kurgan took the dude's head. So their existence could not be kept secret as they could have back in the '80s.

Now if they combine the new movie as found footage and on line up loads that would be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,376 ******

The sequels totally ruined this movie for me. A very rare thing when what came next destroys the premise of how things started out.

The very same thing I can say about "The Matrix"

• Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,070 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah even Virginia Madsen couldn't save that movie. But they had the balls to triple downed on number 3 with a black man (Mario Van Peeples) running around feudal Japan. That franchise just kept going further off the rails. They were basically trying to out bad themselves.

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭

very seldom does any sequel equal or better the original movie .

out living countless wife's would be a downer you still look 30 she is 85 at some point your going to have to come clean and explain oh did I mention I am living forever and well sorry honey but I will put flowers on your grave

• Options
    thunderboltthunderbolt Member Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭

Loved the TV series with Adrian Paul. The original movie was the best.