In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Where's Nanuq?

tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

I haven't seen him post or comment for 2 - 3 weeks. Considering the health issues he was having, does anyone know if he's alright?

Comments

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

He had that health problem and the stints and defibrillator put in a month ago and then seemed to be on the mend and last visited April 14. Like you, I hope is doing well and just too busy to check in. That is a problem with forums, no way to contact someone except through the forum and if he isn't checking in that won't work. Bob

• Options
    Butchdog2Butchdog2 Member Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭✭

Same here, he is missed. Hope he is still above ground.

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

He's a good man in good hands.

• Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,389 ******

He is truly missed around here! Hope and pray he is doing well.

• Options
    62vld204262vld2042 Member Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭

If he's anything like other competitive racquetball players I've known over the past 50 plus years..........he's giving "it" H-E-L-L........and taking his best shot.

Rip it Nanuq!!!!

• Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,336 ******

Yep. Hope he is ok.

Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,183 ✭✭✭✭

he may be enjoying the 2 weeks of warm weather he gets every year.......

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this the other day and looked but did not comment.

Today I was plotting on how to make it work to attend the PRCA Xtreme Bulls held in Palmer over Memorial Day weekend like we did last year and recalled he and did some texting and calling, so I checked my phone contacts and sure enough I had his number.

l sent him a text message and am now waiting for a reply.

Mule

• Options
    tnrangertnranger Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭

Thanks, Mule. I was hoping someone had some kind of contact info.

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin

Thanks mule, much concern over him falling silent.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

The member from New Mexico I believe that was very knowledgable when it came to wild life is another concern? Anyone know anything about him?

• Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,390 ***** Forums Admin

That is He Dog. He doesn't come around much anymore, but he stopped in a couple weeks ago.

• Options

Pretty sure the Dog posted a time or two not long ago.

• Options
    dpmuledpmule Member Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭✭

Well gents, I just got a reply from Nanuq907/ Bob’s son. Here is the c&p of the text message.

Hello sir. My name is David I’m bobs son

I’m so sorry to tell you this

He passed away on Monday from complications from heart failure

He had a heart attack on March 7, and ended up having just about every complication one could have

He was in Seattle to have his heart repaired, but the damage was to great, so he went on a left ventricular assist device to wait for a transplant

Unfortunately his kidneys failed, and he had 2 strokes that destroyed his ability to think

We decided to let his pass on to Jesus and his loved ones in heaven on Monday

He died peacefully and surrounded by loved ones

He was a HUGE watch nerd, and LOVED his watches

He often mentioned the forums and his friends in them

I’m actually wearing a watch right now that he built for me, and I’m sitting next to his collection right now

I wish that he was heat and able to respond to you right now.

We are all pretty devestated and in shock about his passing

I posted in one of the forums on his Tapatalk account an announcement in general chat

Perhaps you could share this message on any forum you know that he visited so all of his friends can be informed?

I know that going radio silent and people not knowing why he just disappeared would be unbearable to him, lest they think he was angry or cutting them out

Perhaps you could help me get this information out to the people you know he would want to know

I leave you with these two quotes that I know are applicable to the situation 

Jesus says that when we arrive we will hear 

“Well done my good and faithful servant” which I can’t think of a better way to remember his life

My dad was a spectacular husband and father, and we all agree that “we’ll done” is a fitting message

As well as that, a personal favorite of mine that I didn’t think would be applicable in my life for years to come

“Do not weep for me, I go now to my fathers, in whose mighty presence I may now stand unashamed”

Thank you for being part of my dads life

-David

Mule 😔 😔

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭

This is to sad for words.

• Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭✭

Its very dusty in here .

cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭

Damn, RIP sir, you always will be remembered here as articulate and inspiring individual.

• Options
    Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,362 ******

RIP, he will be missed.

• Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,038 ******

Mule,thank you for your inquire to what happened and thank you for sharing the reply from his son. Not what we wanted to hear but was also already expected. This does give some comfort and closing to his many friends here.

RIP Bob, you'll be missed.

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

Awww man... RIP Bob. I would have liked to have met you in person.

David, your father was held in very high regard here in our community. If you read this know that we'd be honored if you stopped in and chatted now and then.

• Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭

Sad, sad news. Our prayers for Bob and his family.

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭✭

To many good ones leaving. RIP Sir.

• Options
    BobJudyBobJudy Member Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭

Damn! Just damn. Words fail me at this point. My thoughts go out to his immediate family and I hope they find peace and get through this trying time. In his short time on our forum I found him to be both witty and erudite. I will miss his contributions to our some times dysfunctional group. Bob

• Options

So sorry for the loss.

On a better note he is in a much better place compared with all the hate and turmoil here on earth.

• Options
    Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭✭

I'm totally shocked, I never expected that outcome. He always seemed larger than life and full of energy. I thought he would overcome the issues that happened a few weeks ago. He was a breath of fresh air on the forums, and I always enjoyed conversing with him. I can tell how proud you are of him David, and I share your grief.

RIP Bob, until we meet later.

Joe

• Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭✭

Very sad news.

Prayers and condolences for the loved ones left behind.

Peace and strength to family and friends during this difficult time.

• Options
    pingjockeypingjockey Member Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing this David. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time.

• Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭

Damn-He had very intelligent , interesting and knowledgeable posts. Will miss him. My sincere condolences.

• Options
    AlaskanfrogAlaskanfrog Member Posts: 40 ✭✭

Larger than life and full of energy is exactly him.

Buy also wise and considerate. And I mean wise. His insight into things was profound, and his way with words was both simple and powerful.

He was a dad to a lot of young men in his life as well

There is no greater love than this: He who gives his life for his brother. John 15:13

• Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,663 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks, David. Glad you jumped in.

• Options

For sure! I am extremely certain that he was the one person on Monday whose day ended very well.

His father passed a few years ago, and I am so happy for Dad that he got to see him right away.

My personal belief is that ones father is the person who meets you as you enter into Heaven.

I have a whole life left to live, but on my deathbed I'm going to be so excited to see him as I enter into Heaven.

There is no greater love than this: He who gives his life for his brother. John 15:13

• Options

Seeing your comment encouraged me to make an account. Dpmule pointed me here, and we spent some time chatting today :)

• Options
    edited May 2022

Times two about what Tnranger said.

At one time I thought I would make the trip to Alaska for a brown bear hunt, too far to fly, I hate flying, too far to drive, and getting a tag, guide, and dealing with getting the critter home$$$$$$$, I decided to forget that Idea.

Some of Nooks posts gave a good description of what "Alaska" really is.

PS. My youngest son, the covid death survivor has a round trip ticket, a cousin that spent years in the military stationed in Alaska, going along for a meat hunt.

• Options
    buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for your,and our loss.

• Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, at a loss for words.....I'm sure it's tough, but thanks for the update.