In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Proposed New Law in Louisiana

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in Politics

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - When a juvenile is found guilty of a crime in Louisiana, a parent or guardian may soon be required to pay restitution to the victim.

It’s part of Senate Bill 370, authored by Sen. Jimmy Harris.

Under the bill, a parent or guardian would be required to be involved in the rehabilitation process after a juvenile is adjudicated for a crime.

I can hear it now, "What? You can't hold me responsible for my spawn's actions!!!!"

Comments

• mac10mac10 Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭

dont ys know thats racsist

• serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭

it' won't happen. To many variables to considered under psychiatrist laws,Hell The jails are full of them already with no solutions for criminal activity to be eradicated in society under the present of our medical science as we know it.. A parole board is a crap-shoot already.Should they be held libel when they fail to be correct too in letting someone be free again to act in a free society.

serf

• chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭

LMAO: most of the crime is committed by perps with only a mother.

• mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭✭

No easy fix, and complicated like @serf says. But a good 1st step would be to apply the law, implement a fair sentence, and actually make the offender serve the ENTIRE sentence. It blows my mind, get 30 years, 5 served, out early for "good behaviour" and then on parole.

If they should get out early for following the prison rules, then maybe the sentence was too much to begin with. There should be no leniency for good behaviour, only MORE time for BAD behaviour.

Juveniles are usually way WORSE than adults, because 99.9% of the time they KNOW they will be out by age 18.

Our entire system needs revamping. Should punish actual criminals(fairly and COMPLETELY) and fine the idiots who break the law(ones that don't hurt/endanger others).

• fatcat458fatcat458 Member Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

Won't work charging the parents. Most perps/criminals don't even now who ''DADDY'' is😲

• chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭

I can see it now...........Dad sign for my drivers license and buy me a new car or I will go out and cause a million dollars worth of damages.

• Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,450 ✭✭✭✭

the "kid " should have to work off what ever damage or cost he caused at min wage and actually have to work not just some BS job if nothing else making big rocks into little rocks end of the day been slacking and whining and not enough little rocks have been made at shift end well you dont eat

I seem to recall parents were responsible for ther kids but about 15 years ago a co-Woker was away his kids had a party people showed up no one knew when they left so did several guns when they caught the kids no guns were found of course the courts ordered the "kids" to pay back 15 dollars a month until the guns were paid for. what a bunch of BS