In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

40 years ago today....

William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

I walked across the stage and got my Masters Degree...

Today was one of those moments of clarity for me that life is short....and it is important to live each day to the fullest ! Get out there and do something great today !!

Any one else had one of those moments ??

Comments

• Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Watched my daughter walk across the stage three weeks ago to receive her second masters degree (this one in counciling) and watched my son walk across the stage this past Friday evening to receive his MBA

• Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******

50 years ago I walked across the stage to receive my diploma. The Principal ran to hold the door for me when I left. I could've swore I heard a lock "click" behind me.

Congrats to those who achieved a higher education.

• Options
    mike55mike55 Member Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the master's degree, that takes a lot of time and effort!

I settled for my HS diploma and a diploma from tech school. I, like most folks, went through several jobs until I got my dream job. They will have to run me off with a BIG BIG stick!

As I said before, college is only necessary for certain jobs. Apparently you decided on a career that requires the masters, you made the commitment, and you accomplished a task few do.

Congrats again!

• Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,229 ✭✭✭✭

William, what did you get your Masters in?

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Guidance and Counseling....

I finished my undergad in 1981 and as there were no jobs (Thanks Jimmy Carter) I went right on to Grad school and finished in 1982.. Seems like yesterday sometimes !!

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭

congrats to you amazing how time flys by

and congrats too all of who actually got a degree in something useful and madfe use of it in life . not just a degree in how to spend money going to school

I never went and have some regrets but such is life