In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Very proud of my Granddaughters playing softball

Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in General Discussion

The older one, a Senior finished as the #2 senior fielder in the state of Ohio, #8 all grades fielder in Ohio, and #43 senior fielder in the whole country!

The younger one, a Freshman finished as #4 freshman pitcher ERA in Ohio, #33 all grades ERA in Ohio, and #108 freshman in the whole country ERA.

😁😁

Joe

Comments

• Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,312 ***** Forums Admin

Wow, very nice! Congrats to those young ladies.

• mrs102mrs102 Member Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Girls/Women's softball action is great fun to watch. Lots of hitting, lots of running, throwing, and catching. Nothing like men's baseball at all.

• paul b looneypaul b looney Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭

Those are impressive stats. I bet a lot of time and hard work went into those young ladies practicing.

• cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭

Bubba jr, Don't be concerned about your retirement. When this girls turn pro in a few years you will be set for life. 😉

It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭

Girls athletic teams give the girls the same values as the boys teams give the boys. Athletics can be very important in the mental and physical development of our youth!!

I say this with confidence as I have raised 4 daughters!!

Trannies in girls athletics are a whole other can of worms!😣😓😪😫

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭

My younger Granddaughter has the best hand-eye coordination I have ever seen, easily as good or better than most pro athletes. They have both been in traveling ball games all over the eastern US for years. As soon as school is out they will hit the road again.

They are both awesome girls and very smart also. They take after their Grandpa. 😁

Joe

• NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭

It never fails to amaze me when I see how incredibly fast and accurate those girls can throw a softball underhand.

• Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022

Last year the younger girl was the only kid in their school that got an A on every single test, homework, or any other graded item. That was the first time that had ever happened at that school.

Joe

I just found out that she was also the #5 freshman in the state of Ohio in strikeouts pitched!

• Ruger4meRuger4me Member, Moderator Posts: 3,312 ******
    edited May 2022

Very good for her! Both of them actually!

• austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,829 ✭✭✭✭

we are talking about going out to Oklahoma City next year for the NCAA Womens College World Series. We have been to Omaha twice for the Men's Baseball World Series we had such a great time that a group of us are talking about checking out the Womens Tournament

• susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭

Way to go girls. Congratulations to the parents for raising star scholar athletes. Also, to the parents for their dedication.